Sunday, October 5, 2008

Life has Changed!

This weekend was quite boring! We did pretty much nothing. Dennis went hunting on Saturday morning, so I'm sure that was the highlight of his weekend, but the rest of the weekend, we didn't do anything, which was fine.
My life has definitely begun to change these past few weeks. Sawyer has definitely woken up! His first 2 months home definitely fooled me! I thought he was just going to sleep all of the time. Sadie never slept, so I never experienced what that was like until we had Sawyer. The past 2 months, he has slept and been so extremely easy for the most part. I keep telling everyone that he has definitely woken up now! He's harder to get to sleep, he stays awake much longer during the day, and he cries a lot more. I know, it's all typical baby stuff. It's just a lot harder with 2! The first 2 months, he could sleep through Sadie's squeals, laughs, toy banging, etc. Now, when he's asleep downstairs during the day, every sound she makes causes him to jump and usually wake up. Bummer!!! And, I can't expect her to be quiet all of the time. I mean, she's 18 months for crying out loud. Running around and playing are her specialties! But, I just have to learn how to juggle all of this. I've definitely had a few rough days the past 2 weeks. Sawyer has become a little more high maintenance and for the most part, won't let me put him down much. In the meantime, I'm still trying to cook, take care of Sadie, be able to use the bathroom every now and then, and try to keep this house looking halfway decent on the inside. Wow! Motherhood is hard!!!! But, it's still the most rewarding job in the world and I wouldn't trade it for any other job in the world. I know that Sawyer's "high maintenance" phase will only last a short while. I just have to take it "phase by phase" and realize that it will be over soon, and I'll have a whole new set of challenges to deal with. He still sleeps GREAT at night too, so I try to keep it all in perspective. I would much rather him scream a bit during the day than to scream all night long. He still has yet to keep me up at night screaming. He just wakes up to eat every few hours and goes right back to sleep. Let's hope that phase lasts FOREVER!!

No comments: