Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Weekend Update

Our weekend began on Thursday. My mom came over and kept Sadie while I took Sawyer to have his 3 month pictures made. I still can't believe he's already 3 months. I know before I know it I'll be taking him for his 6 month pictures. Anyways, I thought this picture was so cute. When I got back home, me and Mom were sitting at the table trying to eat lunch and mom was holding Sawyer in her lap. Well, Sadie wanted mom to hold her as well, so she climbed right on up in mom's lap. So sweet...

Thursday night, Dennis' dad and Barbara came over to bring the kids some Halloween goodies. The gifts were so thoughtful. Sadie was so excited about all of her stuff. We got a couple of good pics while they were here. Sadie also was saying "PawPaw" and "Gimmy", although "Gimmy" sounded more like "Mimmy".

Friday morning, I had to get up and take Sadie to the doctor, because we thought she might have an ear infection. She's been sick since Tuesday night with a horrible runny nose and a cough that sounds like she has TB. Thankfully, she doesn't have an ear infection. But, she's just been feeling crummy! I know you'll think this video is cruel, but she was having a meltdown like no other today before her nap. I had to finally get the camera out and take a few pictures and a video because it was starting to make me laugh, even though I know it wasn't funny that she wasn't feeling good. You get the picture...

Here is a picture of her poor face while she was having the meltdown. I know, it seems cruel to take her picture when she was feeling so horrible, but I just had to capture it. She was being sooooo dramatic!!!

Friday night, we got the kids dressed up in their costumes and went to Long Hollow very briefly. There wasn't much for Sadie to do there. It was more for older kids. Plus, it was very cool outside, and with her having a bad cold, we didn't want to chance it. So, we went to Dennis' aunt Pam and Uncle Corky's house for a little while and let Sadie and Cole play because Travis and Anita were over there too. Here are a few of the pictures we got of the kids in their costumes.





Saturday morning we waited for Dennis to get back from hunting. I was going to run some errands, but it didn't work out, so Dennis played outside w/ Sadie for a while and I took care of Sawyer who wasn't feeling too good. He had a stuffy nose and didn't sleep good the night before. Saturday night we went to the Streets at Indian Lake and walked around. I did a little shopping. Both kids, especially Sadie, had a major meltdown when we were leaving to come back home. I have never really seen her act that way. She was basically just throwing a major fit! It was strange, and I hope it doesn't start to happen more often. All of a sudden she doesn't like to hold hands when she is walking around. I won't let her just take off and walk by herself, especially when there are moving cars all over the place! But, she was refusing to hold my hand, so I carried her, which REALLY ticked her off. She did the same thing on Sunday when we were leaving the grocery store. But, we won't back down. She has to learn that she doesn't have a choice in this matter. Either hold one of our hands or you'll have to be carried. (or be in a stroller, etc. which she really doesn't like) Anyways, once we got in the car to head and pick up our Chili's to go, I put the Backyardigans in and gave her some fruit bites, and she perked up again.
We decided not to go to church on Sunday morning, because I didn't think the nursery would appreciate us dropping off 2 sick children. Even though I know they're both fine, Sadie still sounds like she's coughing up a lung, so we just stayed here. We hated missing church, but we listened to an INCREDIBLE message on TV by Maury Davis at Cornerstone. Wow! He was fired up and it was awesome!!! He was going off about how wrong abortions are, among other things. I am extremely passionate about that subject, and I can't fathom why anyone who is a Christian would vote for Obama when he is not pro-life. I just don't understand it. Why would you want someone in office who is going to say it's okay to kill babies???? Someone please explain that to me. I won't go any further into this topic, but I'm just baffled by it. I told Dennis today that I think people need to make a choice and decide if money in their pocket is more important to them or upholding the morals of this country and of our Christianity.
Anyways, we all went to the grocery store and came home and tried our best to get poor Sadie back on her schedule. This STUPID daylight savings thing messed her up really bad. Either that, or she's still just not feeling well. She was up REAL early this morning and was struggling all day to get back on her schedule. Dennis put together Sawyer's exersaucer while the kids were asleep. It's really neat! We tried to put him in it though, and he's still a little too small. But, Sadie thinks it's fun to play with!
Sunday night, we went to Deb's house for the annual family bonfire to celebrate Grandma's birthday. It's one of our favorite times that we all get together every year. It was a lot of fun. THANK YOU to Deb and LJ for all of their hard work that they put into making everything perfect. I know it's a lot of work!!!! And, I cannot imagine the cleanup process they had to go through after we all left. You are both saints! I didn't get hardly any pictures and we always take lots of pictures, but I guess since both of our hands are full now, it's harder to take pictures! ha ha
Here's one I got of Uncle Deda (aka Daren) holding Sawyer. He was all bundled up in his new camo outfit that PawPaw and Gimmy gave him for Halloween. I don't know what we would've done without it! He was so warm and cozy in it all night long.

On a final note, Sadie has all of a sudden started to talk unbelievably well! It's kind of freaking us out a little bit, because it's come out of nowhere! She's even started saying "Sawyer", but it sounds like "Saw-eeeeee". It is the most precious thing I've ever heard and I want to cry when I hear her say it. She's doing so well though. We are so proud of her efforts to start talking. It's just so weird that all of a sudden, she's saying all sorts of things. Her and McHaney were standing out in the field tonight at Deb's and they were carrying on a conversation with each other all by themselves. It was absolutely hilarious. I would give anything to know what they thought they were saying to each other. I love it! But, it also means she is getting older and that breaks my heart.

1 comment:

Jennifer Aldridge said...

Hey Anna,
1. Both of the kids look GREAT in their costumes. I can't believe how big both of them are getting.
2. Both of my girls when through that "I don't want to hold a hand" thing. It does get better, but you are doing good by staying strong. She is just going through an independent phase. It will pass.
Love you,
Jen