Saturday, October 18, 2008

Weekend Update

Disclaimer: This may take a while to read. I posted a lot of pictures and a few videos. I got a little carried away!!!
Our weekend started out on Friday morning when I took Sadie to Grammy's for the day so that she could play all day at the farm. While she was there, I ran some errands with Sawyer and then came home and basically held him all afternoon. While I had hoped he would take a good nap (by himself) and I could get some things done, it was nice being able to hold him and rock him without having to feel guilty about not spending time with Sadie. Anyways, here are some pictures that Deb took of Sadie throughout the day. She had a ball, as you can see!!!!

Friday night, we didn't do anything at all. We just hung around the house and ate our usual, Chili's take-out. Saturday morning, Dennis went hunting but was back by about 11:00. We made a compromise a few weeks ago regarding Dennis' hunting hobby. I told him that I didn't want him to give up his passion for hunting, but I also didn't want him to be gone every weekend, so we compromised and decided that he can go on Saturday mornings and hunt as long as he's home around lunchtime. So far, it seems to be working out well for both of us. Saturday afternoon, we ventured to Franklin to Dennis' dad's new place because they had their best friends in town that we haven't seen in ages and that have never seen the kiddos. So, we went by there for a little while and came on back home. We stopped on the way home and got a "Hot and Ready" at Little Ceasars for dinner for $5.99. You can't beat that!!! It was pretty yummy too!
Sunday morning I was going to attempt to take the kids' picture in their Halloween PJ's that my mom had bought for them. But, when Sawyer was awake, Sadie was still asleep and once Sadie got up, Sawyer was asleep. So, I just took some individuals.
We also put Sadie's "squeaky shoes" on for the first time for church and she thought it was hilarious. So did everyone at church. We took a little video this morning, but she soon became intrigued by the fire in the fireplace, so it's not very exciting, but still cute.

Then, we went to church. It was very good. Bro. David has started a series entitled "Homework" and it seems as though it is going to be centered around the family, so I think it'll be a great series! I, of course spent the sermon in the nursing mother's room with Sawyer. I think I have decided to put him in the nursery next Sunday. But, it all depends on if it falls during the time that he's suppposed to eat. We'll see what happens. I may take him in the nursery to start off and then go get him if I need to feed him. When we got home, the kids both went to sleep so I headed to the grocery all by myself! It's been a long time since I've gotten to do that and I really enjoyed it. Who knew grocery shopping could be so much fun when you get to do it alone?? ha ha
Come to find out, before I even left the driveway, Sawyer woke up and cried the whole time I was gone. Sorry honey! When Sadie woke up from her nap we all went to Deb's because it was gorgeous outside and the farm is the perfect place to be when it's a pretty night. Sadie was all over that farm! It was so much fun!






LJ went and got some fried chicken and we all ate dinner and just hung out. It was a great night. Deb suggested we make it a Sunday night ritual. Sounds good to me! Although, she might've not been serious...????
When we got home, Dennis built another fire and we all hung out until bathtime. This is a pic of me and Sawyer chillin' by the fire.

It was a good, low-key weekend. I'm not too ready for this week though for some reason. I feel so tired already!!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Aldridge said...

I love the squicky shoes. THOSE ARE SO FUNNY.. LOVE IT.