Saturday, October 25, 2008

Weekend Update

Friday night was quite uneventful. Dennis had to take a really hard test for work on Friday, so I wanted to make sure he could come home and just chill all night. I knew the week had been a stressful one for him. My dad came by and brought us some pizza and visited with us for a little while. Dennis built a fire and we just hung out all night. It was so relaxing. I think the fire put Sawyer to sleep fairly quickly, so I will be having Dennis build one every night now! ha ha
Saturday, we ate some breakfast and waited on the kids to get up and get going. Have I mentioned lately how blessed I am to have a daughter who still sleeps until 10:00 in the morning??? I kept thinking that phase would pass, but she's been doing it consistently for about 10 months now! I'm going to try and train Sawyer to do the same, but I've heard that boys just don't sleep as long as girls do, so we'll see if I can prove everyone wrong!
We all went to Kroger to get food for my mother-in-law's birthday dinner that we were having at our house on Saturday night. Then, we walked up to Kohl's so that I could get some Halloween placemats. All of their Halloween stuff was 55% off! Sadie was worn out after all of that walking, so we came home and she ate and went down for her nap.
We got ready for Grammy's birthday dinner and they all came over around 4:30. We had a great time. I burnt both of my hands really bad on the green beans though. It was pretty painful. They were boiling on the stove, and I took them off to put them in a serving bowl and when I went to pick it up, all of the juice sloshed out onto both of my hands. Oh my goodness. Ouch! I thought I was going to look down at my hands and see flesh completely burnt off of both of them, but luckily it wasn't as bad as it seemed. They still hurt pretty bad, but I don't think they'll blister or anything. Anyways, we had a great time just visiting with one another. Sadie was definitely the center of attention at dinner. She was in rare form for some reason. Why do your kids always do strange things only when others are around? She was doing things that she has never done before. It was pretty funny though. Anyways, Happy Birthday Grammy! You deserve the happiest of happy! You help me out so much and you are ALWAYS there at the drop of a hat. I always tell everyone that you are there for me when I need you no matter what and even if you had something important going on or you were right in the middle of something and I needed you, you would come, and you would never in a million years let me know that I had interrupted you. That means so much to me. Just know that it doesn't go unnoticed. Thank you for everything!!!!!
Here are a few pictures we captured from tonight.

Here's a little video of us singing "Happy Birthday"!

Sunday morning was "one of those mornings". Most Sunday mornings are. I think Satan does everything he can to try and keep us from going to church. It almost worked this morning...
We were planning on getting to church just a few minutes early so that we could get Sawyer signed up to stay in the nursery, so right before we walked out the door Dennis said he thought Sawyer had gone to the bathroom, so I started to change his diaper, and he peed everywhere. All over his clothes and everything else in sight. So, I had to clean him up, change his diaper, change his whole outfit, and clean up the pee that was everywhere! Anyways, this is a precious picture we got of him in his cute little outfit before he peed all over it!

The nursery experience was a success though! Yippee! He did great! When I picked him up after church, he was crying, but his teacher said he had just started.
We came home and chilled all afternoon. This next picture makes me absolutely laugh out loud every time I look at it. I'll let you take a look before I explain.

How funny is that??? Who is in our bed? Is that me and Dennis??? NO! Is it two little mischievious children? YES! I had laid Sawyer on my pillow while I was changing clothes this afternoon and Dennis went and got Sadie up from her nap. He brought her into our room and set her up on the bed too and so she got on Dennis' pillow and just laid down. I think it just looks hilarious with these two tiny babies in this big ole bed!

Anyways, Sunday night, we went to Deb and LJ's. They were having a big Sunday School bonfire and Deb wanted us to bring the kids by so that she could "show them off". We let Sadie run around and play like she loves to do so much over there. Here are a few pics.



This last one is of Sawyer. It looks strange because I forgot to change some setting on the camera before I took it. He was passed around to almost every lady there. I'm sure he felt special having all of those ladies gush over him. It was very sweet. Then, he fell asleep in Grammy's arms.

It was a good weekend. The Fall weather is finally here and I am lovin' every minute!We've got a busy week ahead! Halloween!!!

1 comment:

Gigi 2008 said...

Hi Anna. What a beautiful family you have. I didn't have any boys so Harrison is an absolute dream come true. He is the most loving little thing. I am sure you get the same snuggle bunny effect from Sawyer. I am so glad God blessed us all with the precious babies. Take good care of yourself - I know it's harder with two, but double the love. Enjoy and God bless.
Debbie Greene