Saturday, October 11, 2008

Weekend Update

What a week last week was! We didn't have hardly anything going on all week, so it was pretty boring. I always like to have a few fun activities planned during the week, but for some reason we just didn't have much to do so it made for a LONG week.
Sadie is going through a phase where she has only been napping for about 30 minutes at the most. Normally, she naps for about 3 hours! So, that's been miserable, because she is so ill all afternoon from not getting enough sleep. Hopefully, it will not last much longer. (update: Sadie took great naps on Saturday and Sunday, so lets pray the "no nap" phase is officially behind us!!) Sawyer has been going through a phase for the past week where all night long, he wakes up to eat every 2 and 1/2 hours. Not fun! He spoiled me for the first couple of months because he has never woken up that often to eat. So, my children have definitely been testing my patience (and energy) for the past week. Whew! I'll be glad when things go back to normal, or at least somewhat normal. Not much is considered "normal" in our life these days. ha ha!
Friday night, Dennis and Sadie went and picked up take-out from Chilis. So yummy, as usual. Saturday, we did a fun family outing (I'm being sarcastic) to go and pick up a "McCain/Palin" sign for our yard to show our support. But Sawyer screamed the whole way there and back, Sadie pretty much whined the whole time because I think she thought we were going somewhere fun and then realized she didn't even get to get out of the car, AND the place was out of signs. So, it was a pointless trip out, but Dennis and I were able to keep our sense of humor about it and just laugh it off as an hour wasted of the day. The rest of the day we cleaned and prepared for Dennis' dad and Barbara (PawPaw and Gimmy) to come over for dinner. Dennis cut the yard, bless his heart. Although it's nice having a larger yard than we used to, it takes him forever to cut it. I wish so bad that we could afford a riding lawn mower for him. He deserves it, but they are just way too expensive! I stayed inside while the kids napped. I took this picture of Sawyer while he was sleeping today. I just thought he looked so peaceful and precious.

Saturday night, David and Barbara came out for dinner and to visit with us and Sadie and Sawyer. We had a great time! We took lots of pics, and I posted some below.






When we put Sadie to bed, we realized she had developed a HORRIBLE, SEVERE diaper rash. We had noticed it a little earlier, but we didn't think it was going to keep getting worse. It was so sad. She woke up crying around 10:30 and we had to change her diaper and put more cream on, etc. She was WAILING. It was so pitiful. I think both Dennis and I were about in tears. She's been going to the bathroom a lot lately, and we're assuming it's because she's teething, but I'm going to have to take her to the doctor tomorrow, because it has continued getting worse. The cream I've been using is supposed to be like gold, but it hasn't been doing a thing. It's called "Vusion" and it costs $100 for one small tube.
Anyways, Sadie woke up screaming again around 6:00 a.m., and Dennis went in there to discover that she needed to be changed again, etc. I rolled over and pushed the video monitor button to see how Sawyer was doing before I went in to assist Dennis, and to my surprise, I could see him screaming and knawing (sp?) on his hand...??? Why couldn't I hear him???? What in the world??? Oh! Stupid me forgot to turn the sound back on when I had come back to bed after his last feeding in the middle of the night, so who knows how long he'd been laying in there screaming. (I always turn the sound down when I go to his room to feed him in the middle of the night so that Dennis doesn't have to be woken up by our sounds while I'm in there) I could possibly be the worst mom in the whole world. So, I run down the hall to get him and calm him down, lay him on our bed while I go and help Dennis tend to Sadie who is still screaming in pain. Goodness!!! What a night!!! Luckily, Sawyer will never remember that happening, bless his heart.
We didn't go to church today because poor Sadie was still struggling and we didn't want to drop her off in the nursery for them to deal with the rash. She's so pitiful. She acts completely fine until you have to change her diaper and then you know it has to hurt worse than anything in the world because it looks absolutely horrific. We all went to the grocery store and came home and chilled all afternoon.
Sunday afternoon, Dennis' mom and stepdad (Grammy and Capt'n) came over and kept both Sadie and Sawyer so that Dennis and I could go out to a movie and dinner. I was skeptical about going because of how bad Sadie's been feeling with her diaper rash, but I knew she'd be well taken care of, and I knew how bad Dennis and I needed some time together. Right before we left, Dennis came back in the back door for something and accidentally rammed the door right into Sadie which sent her straight to the ground and she busted her bottom lip. Why Lord?????? I think at that point we both about decided to just stay home. For some reason it just seemed as though it wasn't meant for us to go. But, I think Satan was just trying to throw everything he could in our way to keep us from getting to spend that time together. We ended up leaving because Sadie seemed okay and we had the best time. We went to see "Fireproof" and it was absolutely wonderful. I could go on and on and on about it, but I'll save that for another blog. What a great movie! Every single married couple should go see it no matter what stage of marriage you're in. What a blessing it was!!! We left there and went to eat at Qdoba and we sat outside because it felt incredible. The full moon was above us and it was gorgeous. We just talked and talked and had the best time. Boy, do we need to do that more often! I can count on one hand the number of times we've had a night out together since Sadie was born 19 months ago!!! How crazy is that??? THANK YOU Grammy and Capt'n for keeping the kiddos for us for that long! It was even better to walk back in and see 2 happy faces. Ya'll are the best! Capt'n said that it was the first time he's fed a baby since his little girl was born 30 years ago! I'm glad he had the opportunity. It's a pretty sweet moment. If you're reading this, please send up a prayer for Sadie's diaper rash. Even though it may seem like it's not a big deal, it hurts her so bad, which hurts me as well.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Anna, I know how you feel on a couple of things. I once accidentally turned the monitor down too low for me to hear Isabella and she is an early riser (5:00-6:00am) and I looked up and it was 8:20! She had cried probably the whole time. I flew in her room and grabbed her up really quick. I felt horrible for weeks after that. Now I check the monitor all the time, even after Peter does. I just can't help it. It broke my heart so bad. She also used to have diaper rashes so bad (when I breastfed her) that I used to have to let her crawl all over the floor naked to keep her dry and aired out. I put sheets down everywhere on the carpet and let her go. It really is a pitiful thing. I'll pray for little Sadie. Sawyer is so precious by the way!

Amanda said...

We have all done things like your monitor incident as moms! Don't worry...he will not remember as you said! It sounds like you are doing a really good job with having two little ones now! I am trying to get our routine down here at home. It is definitely alot busier but I wouldn't trade it for the world! I never knew how wonderful it would feel to have two healthy children that I am blessed to get to take care of daily! God Bless!