Saturday, November 8, 2008

Weekend Update

What a beautiful Fall weekend this was! Oh to be back in the mountains and see how beautiful the Smokies are during this time of year. I would move to Knoxville in a heartbeat if my mom(& Dennis'family) would come too!
Anyways, we had a very low key weekend. The best part was probably that I got to go and get my hair done on Thursday. I went to a new girl at Tangles and I really liked her a lot! My mom came over and kept the kids for me and I was sooooooo able to relax and enjoy myself. Thank you, mommy!!!! She was here ALL day long (she came over early to give me a helping hand), so I know she was probably worn out when it was time to go. Trust me, I know it's a handful! But I also know that she enjoys every minute of it.
Friday, I took the kids and we met Shelly and Greyson over at Shelly's in-laws house to play. Nobody is there during the day, so we went over there and played in toyland! I've never seen so many toys in my life. I think Sadie and Greyson get on major toy overload when they are there together. There is so much to do and they don't know what to do next. It's pretty funny. Sawyer was a handful, but we managed to still make it fun.
Friday night, Dennis brought home the very delicious Chick-fil-A for dinner. After we put the kids to bed, we caught up on some shows that we had DVR'd and were behind in watching. Does anyone else watch "Criminal Minds"? Oh my goodness! I hate scary movies, but for some reason, we are addicted to this show, which is basically a scary movie fit into an hour long show. We always say that whoever writes these shows is a FREAK! But, it's sooooo good!
Anyways, Sawyer was awake for about 90% of Friday night into Saturday morning. Not fun! He is definitely not making any progress in the sleeping department. Please son!!! Have some mercy on your mommy! He just wakes up a million times each night. We have yet to have a night where he has gone a long stretch. I'm not expecting him to sleep through the night by any means at this point, but I would just love for him to maybe skip a feeding, or just not wake up every 2-3 hours ALL NIGHT LONG!!! But, this too shall pass....right??? I could still eat him up! Maybe not at 3:00 a.m., but most other times....
Saturday, me and Sadie went to the grocery. It was like old times. ha ha I forgot how easy it was to just take one child to the grocery store! And, I used to think that was hard???? These are some pictures of Sadie watching TV in the kitchen before we went grocery shopping. Do you think she's a little close???


I have to mention too that my sweet husband got up extra early, took my car to get the oil changed, filled it up with gas, washed it, AND picked up breakfast AND Starbucks for me! He ROCKS!! I love you baby!!!! And, he even put the clean sheets on the bed Saturday night without me even asking the favor.
When the kids got up from their afternoon naps, we went to Indian Lake Village so that I could return a couple of things and get a few more things (for the kids, of course), but our time got cut a little short when I received a voicemail from our security system company stating that our house alarm was going off!!! So, we ran by Red Robin to grab our to-go order (which was delicious, by the way) and headed home to see if there was a burglar at our house! Luckily, we were safe. It was just Sadie's balloon that had made it's way in front of the motion detector. Whew! That was a close one!
Sunday we got up and went to church. Here's a sweet picture of my little boy looking all grown up.

Another successful day in the nursery for little Sawyer. Yippee! It was a GREAT sermon! All about priorities. And, all about everyone getting too busy and not making time for the important things in our lives. Bro. David talked about how when we get too busy, we tend to neglect what matters most to us, such as God, our spouses, our kids, etc. Soooooooo true! I know I am guilty of that. He also talked about the need to say "no" more often to things that are causing the busyness in our lives. We came home from church and watched football all afternoon.
We went to Grammy's tonight to hang out for a bit. We ate some delicious spaghetti and meatballs too! Sadie even tried a couple of bites of spaghetti, which she has never eaten before. We had to mask it with a little cheese, but whatever works, right?

Grammy brought out this horse sleeping bag for Sadie to see, and Sadie fell in love with it. She thought it was the neatest thing!


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Umm, I love CM! But, we never get to see it for some reason! Maybe b/c my child is wild as a bat and also a nite owl! umm, ok I also think Sayer looks a little like Daren in that pic... just something about it...

Amanda said...

I know how hard it is when they do not sleep! Tessa woke up every two hours until about four months old and she still does not sleep very well! Harrison on the other hand is a great sleeper. He has been sleeping 7 to 8 hours for the past week! What a blessing! I remember with Tessa at 1 and 3 am thinking that it will not last forever because that time goes by so fast! Sawyer is adorable and Sadie is beautiful! Have a great week!