Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sawyer is 4 Months old

Sawyer is finally 4 months old. Well, actually, he'll be 16 weeks tomorrow, and not technically 4 months until the 30th, but to me, 16 weeks equals 4 months. Anyways, I took him for his check-up yesterday. I was there for almost 2 hours and it was not fun! There were a million sick kids there so I think they got backed up. He weighed 14 pounds and is almost 25 inches long. He's in the 50th percentile of both, so he's right on track! We started him on cereal last night.
He seemed to go for it a little better than Sadie did, but we think it might've upset his tummy because he had his first screaming, and I mean screaming spell last night for quite a while. It may have just been because he got so many shots yesterday, but you never know. So, I tried a different kind of cereal this morning.

I had forgotten how gross it is to try and feed a baby cereal for the first time. It just gets everywhere!!!
He's still not sleeping good, but the doctor told me that at this age you just don't know if they're really waking up hungry that often or if they're just waking up. So, he told me that if I could hang in there, I could start letting him cry it out when he's about 6 months old. He told me it's okay to let him cry it out right now (for 15to 20 minutes at a time), but there's just no way I can do that just yet. It's too pitiful. He's still my precious little angel boy. So, with that being said... "Sawyer, Mommy is giving you 2 more months of no sleep! Then, darlin', it's time to start sleeping at night!!!! Okee dokee???"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

awwww 4 months already? Wow, where does the time go? He is just precious- that brought back so many memories of giving babies their first foods! I would sometimes sweeten the cereal or oatmeal with a titch of juice and that at least gave it a little flavor. That stuff is nasty! He is precious! And sounds like he is healthy, what a blessing!

Unknown said...

That was from me, not Josh!!!

Anna Phillips said...

Thanks for clarifying, Mandy. I was confused as to who "Josh" was...