Saturday, November 15, 2008

Weekend Update

I have to first tell a funny story about myself...I did something that falls in the "not so smart" category. I packed the kids up to go to Kroger to do some grocery shopping. It was not one of those "easy going" mornings either. Sawyer was really needing to go to sleep for his morning nap, but I was trying to hold him off so that he would sleep at the grocery. For those of you that know Sadie though, she takes her time to do everything. I was trying to rush her through breakfast, but she was just enjoying her time eating her pumpkin muffin and drinking her milk. She was watching DragonTales and laughing at it...I was thinking "hurry up"!!!! Anyways, after Sawyer's face turned a few shades of purple from screaming so hard, I got them both in the car to head to the grocery. To make a long story short, the trip through the store was fine. No big deal. I was still trying to catch my breath from Sawyer's earlier breakdown though. I get my groceries, go through the check-out line, and then while digging through Sadie's diaper bag to find my billfold, I realize I left it in Sawyer's diaper bag AT HOME!!! Lovely. Just lovely. The check-out girl was not nice about it either. I kept apologizing and she was a jerk. Anyways, she told me that they would leave all of my stuff at customer service for a little while in case I wanted to come back and get it. So, I go back to my car and am trying not to cry. I call my mom and she just so happens to be heading to Kroger! Praise the Lord!!!!! I tell her what has happened and she offers to go get my groceries and bring them to my house for me! Wow! That's the kind of service I'm talkin' about! So, thank you mommy!! You saved me!!
Friday, my mom came and got Sadie and took her to Emma's school for Emma's Thanksgiving Lunch. I took Sawyer with me to order his pictures. Sadie and mom met us back at home for lunch. Friday night we didn't do anything. Dennis got in traffic and didn't get home until almost 7:00. Ouch.
Saturday, me and Sawyer went w/ my mom and sis to Christmas Village. It was great. I haven't gotten to do anything w/ my mom and Rachel together in forever. I don't remember the last time we all got together. Sawyer was a precious angel. He couldn't have been more perfect. He just stayed in his carrier in the stroller and looked around, slept, and looked around some more. I loved looking at all of the Christmas stuff. It was awesome! I didn't think I was going to be able to go this year, but it worked out and I'm so glad that I didn't miss out. It always starts off my Christmas season. Dennis and Sadie hung out together all day. He's such a good dad. He sure loves his little girl. He takes such good care of her and it means the world to me. I never have to worry at all when he has her by himself, because I know she loves being with him and vice versa. He's such a kid himself, and I think Sadie is so lucky to have a daddy like that. He is ALL about her! Ever since Sawyer has been born, I think they've gotten a lot closer. It's so precious.
Anyways, Saturday night, we got a date night!! This is only date #2 since Sawyer has arrived, so we cherish it! Dennis' dad and Barbara have been wanting to come and keep the kids for us, so we gladly accepted their offer. We went and had dinner at September's and then did a little shopping for some clothes for the kids. We had a great time. We don't get to get away by ourselves very often because we like all being together as a family most of the time, but it's nice to be alone every now and then. We definitely enjoyed the break! Thank you, PawPaw and Gimmy!!!! We hope the kids weren't too much of a handful!
Sunday we went to church and had another successful Sunday with Sawyer in the nursery. He wasn't even crying when we picked him up! We just hung out at home all day Sunday and then we went to Dennis' mom's house when Sadie got up from her nap. We ate some pizza and hung out and then we left Sadie there to spend the night, which for those of you that know me, I don't do very often. I think she's only spent the night away from home a handful of times since she's been born. But, I know I need to get better at it, because I'm sure she enjoys it! And, I have Sawyer's 4 month check up early in the morning, so Grammy insisted that we let Sadie stay the night. Dennis made sure her crib was all ready for her before we left. So sweet. He cares so much about her. Anyways, I know that she has so much fun over there and I know when she wakes up in the morning and sees all of the donkeys outside, she will be overjoyed!
Dennis, Sawyer and I came home and did bathtime and bedtime. Now we're about to watch the Amazing Race that we DVR'd.
Let the week begin!!!!

No comments: