Sunday, September 28, 2008

Yucky Weekend Update

Well, this weekend didn't start off so well. First of all, my sis-in-law got me a ticket to the pre-sale for the consignment sale at Forest Hills in Franklin. Thanks, Rach!!! Usually, I rack up!!! But, I only found like 5 things and was so sad!!!! It could've been because I was not feeling well at all and wasn't in the mood to fight for position while looking on the clothing racks. I kept telling myself the whole way out there that I just ate something bad for lunch and that is why my stomach felt uneasy. But by the time I got home that evening, it had worsened. I ended up throwing up and not sleeping a wink all night long because I was so sick. I was having hot spells, and then I'd be so cold that my whole body would be tingling, then I'd get hot again, etc. It was absolutely miserable. And, I was still having to be up nursing Sawyer during all of this. I felt like I was going to die! So, Friday was absolutely miserable. I wasn't throwing up anymore, but I had not eaten anything in over a day and I was still nursing, so my energy was GONE! My sweet dad was heading into town, so he stopped and got me some Sprite and some crackers. Thank the Lord for DAD!! He came over and he put Sawyer to sleep for me in about 3 minutes, and he sat with me until Sadie went down for her nap. Then he left so that I could get some rest. All I wanted was for Dennis to get home so that I could get some relief! Sure enough, Dennis called on his way home and said that he was doing everything he could not to throw up! What??? Are you kidding me????? The tears started to fall. I couldn't take care of my sick self, 2 kids, and a sick husband!!!! Seriously??? He had it pretty bad too. Bless his heart. But, somehow, we made it through. I prayed and prayed, and God gave me the strength I needed to do it all.
Saturday was very uneventful, obviously. Dennis still felt like poop, I was starting to feel a little better but I still hadn't eaten. I took the kids with me to Target to grab a few necessities and the rest of the day we did nothing.
Saturday night, I HAD to get out of the house, so we went to my Grandma's for just a little while because my dad and sis were hanging out over there on the screened-in porch. Plus, I knew Sadie was getting cabin fever and they have a great backyard that she could run around in. Here are a few pics from over there.



Sunday, we got up and went to church. Sawyer and I spent the service in the "nursing mother's room", which was fine. They have a TV in there with the sermon on, so I still feel like I'm getting to be a part of the service. It's so funny because he conks out during the music, so we always think he's going to stay asleep. And like clockwork, the second the music stops and the preacher starts, his eyes shoot straight open and he starts getting fussy, so I have to leave. Anyways, we came home and did nothing all day. Deb and LJ had graciously offered to come over and babysit so that Dennis and I could have a night out, but we had to take a raincheck because our tummy's still aren't feeling very settled. Thanks Grammy and Capt'n for offering!!! We'll definitely take you up on that soon!
Here's some cute pics of Dennis and Sawyer "watching" Sunday night Football.


So, I'm glad that this weekend is behind us and we can start a new week. The weather is supposed to be awesome this week and I'm so excited!
By the way, my sis found a job! She started last week and she's doing awesome, so thank you all for praying! She is working as the office manager at a brand new chiropractic office in Gallatin. So, if you need any chiropractic work done, let me know and I'll give you the information!

No comments: