Sunday, September 7, 2008

Boring Weekend Update

Okay, this weekend was so uneventful, I won't even bore you with what few activities we had going on. Pretty much nothing!
It was fine though. We needed a low key weekend for a change. I didn't mind it one bit.
I did have a "bloggable moment" during church this morning though.
Okay, so we're Baptist, therefore we sit in the same spot every Sunday. Don't all Baptists?? ha ha
Anyways, there's this couple that usually sits right down in front of us every Sunday. The dude, which I will now refer to as "Protein Boy", brings in a cooler every Sunday with him to the church service. He then proceeds to mix up a shake, which we think is a protein shake, because he's a large dude, and he drinks it during the service. What I don't understand is, why doesn't he mix it beforehand??? Must he bring a cooler into the sanctuary and mix it WHILE church is going on? I'm sorry. To each his own. But it absolutely cracks us up! Dennis nudges me every time he comes walking in. He sits with his wife and they seem like a very nice couple, but you can definitely tell he must be training to be "Mr. Tennessee" or something like that. Too much!!!! I just had to share it with my fellow bloggers out there.
Sawyer wasn't feeling church again today, so we had to take him out, but I'm planning to just keep him in there with us for maybe a couple more weeks, and then we'll put him in the nursery. I tried to get some pics of him in his cute little church outfit this morning, but this is all I got.


On a side note, please say a prayer for my sis. She's been working so hard to find a job since she's been back from Mercy for the past 2 weeks, and she's had NO luck at all! She's really seemed to be putting forth the effort every single day, and I can only imagine how frustrated she must be getting when she's getting no leads at all. She's mainly just looking for something administrative, but there's just not a whole lot out there right now. So, just keep her in your prayers that she will find a job quickly, but that it will the right job that God has prepared for her. And, if you hear of any job openings, let me know!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

You look great!

Jennifer Aldridge said...

Email me her resume.. I think we may have something open here. If she is up for the drive.

Unknown said...

That is hilarious Anna! I will be on the lookout for Protein boy- I haven't seen him before, cause we aren't the 'back row baptists!' Ha! :)
Always so great to see you all! You are such a sweet family!