Thursday, September 4, 2008

Momma said there'd be days like this...

I told my mom the other day that my new theme in life is "whatta ya do"? (Translation: what do you do?)
I feel like I ask myself that a million times a day!
I woke up this morning and decided I wanted to venture out and do a little shopping. I am not ashamed to say that I need some new clothes. I just can't fit into my old clothes yet after having Sawyer, so I need some "in between" clothes to last me for a little while until the rest of the weight comes off.
Anyways, I had a 20% coupon for Stein Mart, and our new one just opened, so I thought I'd run by there. Then, I was going to swing my Target, and then maybe head to Old Navy.
So, after I feed Sawyer, I realize he has exploded in his diaper. He's never really had an "explosion" yet, so I am assuming it's because his tummy is transitioning back to breastmilk from the formula. So, outfit #1 is down the drain. Poop was everywhere!! I think I used at least 10 wipes, and I'm not kidding. I get Sadie up, give her breakfast, etc. and am ready to head out the door. I go to pick up Sawyer and he has spit up all over his outfit. So, outfit #2, down the drain as well. (I don't mean literally down the drain...just can't be worn for the day) So, I get him changed AGAIN into outfit #3 and it's only 10:15 in the morning. He's only been awake for about an hour or so.
I load everyone up and we head to Stein Mart. Halfway there, I realize I left my coupon at home. Disappointment. But, I decide to go anyways. I pull up and see that half of Hendersonville has also decided to come to the new Stein Mart today. There were probably 150 cars or more there. No joke. So, I throw that idea out the window. I'm not going to dodge 200 people inside Stein Mart with a double stroller that is comparable in size to a small bus. I give up Target too, because at this point, I'm asking myself why I even decided to come out today...??
So, I go to get my car washed real quick and head to Old Navy. I get out, wiggle Sawyer by myself into the Baby Bjorne, which is not an easy task, b/c he's still pretty limp like a noodle (no help whatsoever). Once I get him situated and buckled in on front of me, I reach down on his leg and realize he's had yet another explosion!!!! It was running down his leg. So, I get him out of the Baby Bjorne, lay him in the front seat and change his diaper. I put him back in the Baby Bjorne, get Sadie out, head inside, and it only lasted about 5 minutes. Of all people, Sadie, not my newborn, just wasn't feeling it today. She did not want to sit in the buggy, but there was no way I could let her walk around the store and try to chase her while I had Sawyer attached to me. I guess we all have our "off" days. So, after all that work, we all get back in the car.
I wasn't ready to go home just yet, so I drove to Madison and ventured by my old house that I grew up in. It was a bit sad because it is starting to look run down. I can tell there are new owners, because they've re-done some things, and it doesn't look good.
Anyways, we finally got home and all is well now. Everyone is napping. I think I will think twice before heading out like that again and trying to do a million things at once with a 5 week old and an 18 month old! Don't ya think??
But, as I've said a million times to myself...whatta ya do??

3 comments:

Jennifer Aldridge said...

Ya know Ann, Your always going to have those days. Every once and a while. I still have those with a 12 and 8 year old. LOL. Sorry your day was so bad. But the good thing is that you can laugh about it. Love the video of Sadie "reading" My favorite so far. Love you!

Heather said...

Loved the videos! She's so cute.

Rachel said...

uh uh. I would have lost it!