Sunday, September 14, 2008

Weekend Update

Well, Friday, I got to go and get my hair done. I hate getting my hair done though. I love the end result (no roots), but I just hate taking the time to do it. Plus, I'm extremely tender-headed, so it pretty much hurts the whole time, b/c my hairdresser is pulling and tugging on my hair, and it's just not very relaxing. Anyways, my ever-so-brave mom came over and kept BOTH of my kids all by herself. I had intended for my sis to come and give her a helping hand, but she ended up having something else to do, so my mom did it alone. I am sure the memories of having Rachel and I so close together (15 months apart) came flooding back as she learned to multitask two little ones again. I was so proud of her though. When I got home, everyone seemed extremely calm and happy. Thanks, mom!
Friday night, we didn't do anything. We grabbed Chili's take out and came home and chilled. I captured this cute video (Dennis, please don't kill me) of Dennis and Sadie watching "Wonder Pets". I thought it was so sweet.

Saturday, we went to Opry Mills. The GAP outlet was having a huge baby sale where everything was 40% off, and Sadie is in desperate need of Fall clothes, so I went and got her some things while Dennis entertained her in Bass Pro Shop. I had Sawyer with me. It actually went quite well. Saturday night we went to my mom's to celebrate Chance's 9th birthday. He's so precious. He is just the sweetest little boy in the world. I can already tell that one day he is going to be the greatest husband and father. He's just not your typical 9 year old little boy. He's just a doll.

Anyways, we just had cake and ice cream and let him open his presents.



Sunday, we got up and went to church. I took this picture of Sadie because I just thought she looked so darn cute! She looked like such a big girl.

Sawyer, once again, started crying as soon as the music ended in church, so Dennis missed the service once again. We're just not quite ready to hand him over to the nursery yet though. We'll know when the time is right. We didn't take Sadie until she was like 4 months old or something. I don't think we'll wait quite that long with Sawyer, but we're not ready just yet. Protein Boy was absent today, so I don't have any funny stories about him. I think the hurricane kept a few people home today, because the wind was crazy and it started to rain pretty hard for a little while.
Anyways, we lounged around all afternoon, which was nice. Then, we went to the grocery store and the kids were perfect. Thank goodness!
My dad came by for a visit tonight to see Sadie and Sawyer as he made his way through town for tonight. Sadie said "Poppy" several times, but of course not while he was here. It was so cute!!!
That was our fun weekend. Not too exciting, but it ended up being a good weekend. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited about the Fall weather that is supposed to be here all week. I'm ready to get the kids outside and be able to take walks, etc. I hope the weather folks are right!

No comments: