Saturday, January 9, 2010

Potty Training Day 2 Continued

Well, potty training kind of failed us this afternoon. My sweet friend Rachel Fontenot told me that "Day 2" is usually the worst, but for us, so far, it'd been completely successful!!!!
Well, when Sadie woke up from her nap, I should've taken her straight to the potty, but I didn't. She said she didn't need to go, so I let it go and sure enough, she pee-pee'd all over herself within 5 minutes. Totally MY fault!!!!
Well, then we made the mistake (unknowingly) of having friends over for dinner tonight. The friends weren't the mistake. It was just the distraction that came along with it. Sadie wanted to do nothing but play, play, play! So, even though we still took her to the potty every 20 minutes, she wanted to get up after about 30 seconds to go and play some more. So, after "holding it" all night, I suppose, she finally pee-pee'd on herself AGAIN around 8:00. So, we ended the day w/ 2 accidents after a totally successful 24 hours!
Oh well, tomorrow is a new day!!!
Sawyer came home this afternoon too, which put a whole new spin on everything, adding a whole new degree of difficulty to the training process. He wants to be all up in her grill the whole entire time we're in the bathroom and I'm not sure how I'm gonna handle that. I guess I will have to figure something out!!!
Wish us luck on Day 3!! Hope it's better than today!!!!
By the way, Sadie won't be going to church tomorrow. I learned tonight that it's WAY too early to depend on her to know when to tell her teacher that she needs to go.

No comments: