Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weekend Update

This weekend was extremely uneventful. Sadie has been teething, so she's been stopped up, Sawyer is still a little stopped up from last week, and my throat has started hurting again, so we just didn't do a whole lot. We were supposed to go to a fun birthday party Saturday, but we just didn't make it. I'm glad Sadie isn't at the age yet where she knows there's a party to go to, because I imagine she would've been disappointed if we hadn't gone. Anyways, Friday, my sister came and spent the whole day with me. It was so much fun. She's back from Mercy and I can see so many wonderful changes in her life. She has grown spiritually so much, and I fully expect her to teach me many things in the months to come. We had some great conversations, and though she may not even realize it, she gave me some great advice on how to deal with some things in my life and I plan on taking her advice to heart. It's so great to have her back and I hope that we can start spending a lot of time together again. I appreciated her help so much on Friday!! Friday night, we just went and got Chilis take out. Yes, that is our norm. That was our excitement of the evening. Saturday, we just ran a few errands and came back home. Dennis had to cut the grass (his most favorite thing to do...ha ha) so he did that while Sadie and Sawyer napped. I finished reading "The Shack". If you haven't read it, READ IT! It is the most wonderful book. It has truly touched my heart and made me look at God completely differently. It was so good! Saturday night, we packed up the kids and went and walked all around Indian Lake Village. It was a lot of fun. I posted a few pics and video below of Sadie "playing" at the fountain. Notice I said she was playing AT the fountain and not IN the fountain. She was a little skeptical. And, yes, if your computer has sound, that is Sawyer screaming in the background in both videos.


When we got home, we ate dinner and put Sadie down at her normal time. Then, we gave Sawyer his first "real" bath since his cord fell off this week. He pretty much hated it. I'm sure he'll grow to like it, but he pretty much screamed bloody murder the whole time. Bless his heart.


Sunday morning, we finally all went to church as a family. It was wonderful!!! Sawyer slept in his carrier the whole time. Praise the Lord! He never woke up once. What a blessing. The message was unbelievable. It was about making the Bible important in your life. We all "say" it's important, but how much time do we really spend memorizing scripture and reading God's word? I definitely had my toes stepped on and needed to hear it. It was so good.
We just chilled the rest of the day and we all went to the grocery tonight. It was quite successful.
Well, although I should be going in the den right now to do some lunges or crunches, I think I'll go eat some chocolate chip cookies. Num, Num!!!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Aw, he's so precious! I read the Shack over the summer. I have to agree. I thought it was a great "fiction" book. I had heard so much controversy over it. But I really liked it, especially Jesus' character. Glad to see yall are doing good.