Sunday, August 17, 2008

Weekend Update

This is my first weekend update since Sawyer has arrived. It's been a busy weekend. I guess it's about time to jump on back into the swing of things. Not that I've slowed down much since we've been home from the hospital though. We've had people here every single day, whether it be visitors to see Sawyer, people bringing us meals, people helping me out, etc. It's been wonderful. But, I'm ready to get a new routine started and get back out in the real world again...I think...
Friday night, we loaded up the kiddos and just went and got take out from Cheddar's. You can tell they don't do a whole lot of take out, because it was just mediocre. We love their food, but everything was pretty soggy when we got it home. They haven't yet mastered the take out process yet, we don't think. But, it was still pretty good. I always get their Monte Cristo sandwich and it is so yummy!!!!
Saturday, we got up and went to cousin Cole's 1st birthday party. I wasn't feeling great, because I've got the sinus thing going on, but I didn't want to miss his party. It was a lot of fun. There were a ton of people there. I think they invited like 70 people or something.

Sawyer was a saint. He slept in his carrier the entire time, which was a blessing, because I was skeptical about taking him and having everyone pass him around with so many kids around.

I know that Sadie carries the same germs that the other kids do, but I guess when you have a newborn, you're just a little more cautious of those types of things when it's a whole bunch of kids. Anyways, Sadie played with the other kids and Grammy, and seemed to have a ball.





After the kids took naps, we went to Chance's first football game at Drakes Creek. It was too cute. Emma is cheering for his team as well, but she was the only one that showed up (???) so she wasn't actually cheering during the game last night. Maybe next time...???



My sister is graduating from Mercy this coming Thursday, so Chance and Emma are so excited to have her come home for good this week, and it couldn't be more perfect timing with their newfound activities. Welcome home Sis!
My dad went and got us a couple of pizzas and came back over to our house to hang out for a while. Sadie has really taken to him. It is so cute. She was playing "ride a little horsey" with him on his leg until his leg about went numb. It was hilarious. But, how can you say no to those big ole eyes of hers??? Dad only comes in town every other weekend, but he makes it a point to always come over and see Sadie (and now Sawyer). I think it's the highlight of his weekends here.

Sunday morning, I had every intention of going to church, but I felt like poop, so Sawyer and I hung out here while Dennis took Sadie. He said I missed a great service, but hopefully, I can watch it online. I am dying to get back to church! I've only missed 3 weeks, but it feels like an eternity.
Tonight, we just ran to the grocery (don't go to Kroger on Sunday nights!) and then went and got me Zaxby's for dinner. Nothing too exciting. We'll probably just play the rest of the night until bedtime.
Below are a few quick shots of Sadie from this past week. The first one is of my mom reading her a book when she came to help me on Monday. The second one is of her eating her lunch on the counter on Friday. She wanted me to hold her while I was trying to eat my lunch, so the only way she was satisfied is when I sat her up on the counter and fed her lunch next to me while I was eating mine. Strange, I know, but what do ya do?? The last one is of her getting busted in Sawyer's bouncy seat. She loves that thing. I hope she doesn't break it. I've tried telling her numerous times to not climb in it, but she's smart enough to only do it when I'm nursing, because she knows I can't jump up and get her out. Plus, I end up laughing at her while trying to tell her "no", b/c of this look she gives me. Too much!!!


2 comments:

Amy Lafayett said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Great pictures of everyone! I am so excited that Rachel is graduating and coming home. And glad to hear that you are transitioning so well! We'll come by and visit soon too. Like you need anymore guests. . . but I want to see that baby!

Anna Phillips said...

You can come by anytime, Amy. You are always welcome! Plus, I have some clothes to give you that your mom sent over with my dad.