Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Quick Update





Hello friends! Just wanted to let everyone know that we are doing great here at the Phillips household. I have tons of pictures that I want to share, and as soon as I get a few free minutes, I'm going to post them. And, I want to post all about my experience when I had Sawyer, and all the events that followed. It was definitely an exciting, wonderful, scary, etc. week. Lots and lots happened, but everything is going really well so far. Sawyer is sleeping like a champ. He literally is asleep probably 22 hours of the day. It's crazy! I think he even sleeps while he's eating sometimes. It's crazy. Sadie was NEVER a good sleeper until she was like 9 months old, so we never got to experience what a "sleeping baby" was all about. God has definitely blessed us this time around so far. Sadie is doing great too. She was a little skeptical the first time we brought him home, but she's getting used to him and she seems not to mind that he's here. It broke my heart for a little while, and I cried a few times when I couldn't pick her up, but things are better all around. Stay tuned in the next day or so for lots of pictures and the complete story on the birth of Sawyer. It includes a 5 hour recovery room experience, a less than 48 hour stay in the hospital after having a c-section, one night at home, a trip to Vanderbilt ER, an overnight stay in Vanderbilt Children's hospital, a few more nights at home together, our first family outing to Walmart...etc.
Hope I've caught your attention!
Thanks for all of your prayers!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Finally I can comment on your page! You don't know how many times I have and it wouldn't post!
I love the pictures- and Sawyer is beautiful! What a head full of hair- reminds me of my boys when they were born. I am so glad to hear all is well- I can't wait to hear what all happened. It sounds like it was an interesting couple of days in yal's world!
Congratulations on a healthy beautiful boy! Hope to see you all soon.
Love,
Mandy LeMay

Laura Cline said...

I'm so excited for you Anna! Can't wait to hear all the details! Maybe I can come down soon and visit...school started yesterday, it will be a few weeks! Glad to hear you all are settling in as a family of four :)

Amanda said...

Congratulations Anna! Sawyer is precious! It sounds like you have had an interesting week and I hope all is well now! I can't wait to hear the full story!