Wednesday, August 13, 2008

All is Well

Just wanted to send a quick update to everyone out there who is wondering how things are the Phillips' household. Things are still going great! My little man is still sleeping like a champ. It's unbelievable. My mom keeps telling me "this is how a baby is supposed to sleep", but we never experienced this with Sadie, so I didn't think it really existed. I took him for his 2 week check-up this morning. We went to see a brand new Pediatrician, Dr. Johnson, at Tennessee Pediatrics in H'ville. He was the most wonderful doctor I've ever come in contact with as far as Pediatricians go. He was just precious. Definitely a godsend to me. Sawyer is growing like a wild man. He's already up to 8 pounds, 2 ounces! Dr. Johnson said they like to see a baby back up to their birthweight at the 2 week check-up, and Sawyer is already almost a pound over that! Go big man!!
Sadie is doing awesome too. She is just a doll face. She's getting more used to me nursing Sawyer all of the time, and for the most part, she just does her own thing while I'm nursing. Last night, she just crawled up and sat next to me while I nursed him. It was a sweet moment. I took them to Dennis' uncle's house yesterday to have their pictures made, so I'm dying to get those back and see how they turned out. I'll definitely post some when I get them. I think they'll be great. Sadie was a little hesitant at first about getting her picture made, but once she got used to it, she was like a little model. She loved it!
Grammy (Deb) just left for the day. She has helped me for the past 2 days, and my mom helped me out on Monday. I think I'm officially "on my own" now. Uh oh!!! What to do! What to do!!!! Pray for me!!!! ha ha
DaDa started his new job on Monday, and hasn't been getting home until well after 6:00. It breaks my heart. I miss him like crazy! I've been spoiled for 7 years having him get home at like 4:30 in the afternoon. We all miss him!!! But, hopefully, once he gets in the swing of things, he can work it out to try and come home a little earlier.
Other than that, life really hasn't changed all that much. When Sadie was born, I felt like my world turned upside down. I didn't know my right from my left. But, this time around, we've pretty much kept everything as it was and Sawyer has just fit right in perfectly. I'm so blessed. Dennis and I still get to go to bed together, have our devotional together, watch TV, chat in bed, etc. It's just been wonderful.
Thank you all for your prayers. I'm still holding my breath, waiting for the "newborn phase" to wear off and Sawyer to "come alive". ha ha But, for now, I'm enjoying things as they are and I'm thanking God every day for the blessings He has given me. I'm the luckiest mommy in the world to get to stay home with these 2 precious angels. I will never take that for granted.
Thank you too to my mom and Deb for helping me out as Dennis has gone back to work. I couldn't have done it this week without you guys!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I am so glad things are going great for you guys! We are praying for Harrison to be a good sleeper like Sawyer! Tessa still is not the best sleeper. It is nice to know that having your second child doesn't mean your whole world has to change, that they can fit right in! Your family remains in our prayers!