Saturday, August 30, 2008

Labor Day Weekend Update

Our weekend started out with going to the Station Camp High School game on Friday night. My niece, Emma, got to cheer the 1st quarter with the cheerleaders, so we just had to go and see this. It was too cute! Is she following in her aunt's footsteps???? We hope so!!!

Sadie seemed to like being at the game. There was a lot going on of course, but she seemed pretty entertained by it. She just sat in her stroller the whole time, which is a rare happening. She even began to cheer after a while which was hilarious!

Saturday, we hung out here all day. Dennis smoked a bunch of ribs (yum!) and deer meat (yuck!), and we nibbled on that throughout the day. We had some football games on the TV and tried to "pretend" we could hang out, eat, and enjoy the games on TV (like the old days - ha ha), even though our day consisted more of playing with Sadie and keeping Sawyer fed, happy, entertained, and asleep. I think Sawyer was trying to tell us all to "be quiet" in this picture.

Dennis went to Chance's football game on Saturday afternoon, and I stayed here with the kids while they took their naps. Sawyer's doctor called in the meantime and you can read all about that in the previous blog. Saturday night, we all went to my mom's for pizza. Funny thing is, my mom and Butch were out of town, so we were "partying" at their house without them! ha ha
The reason being is that my sis is living there for now, so since Chance needed a shower after his game, we all just met back there and my dad brought pizza so we could have dinner together. It doesn't get much more twisted than that, does it? We're all at my mom's having dinner with my dad while my mom and stepdad are not even there. I know...crazy, crazy... Anyways, we had a good time.


Emma let Sadie take one of her baby dolls home and Sadie hasn't put it down since. She had to have it sitting beside her in her highchair during breakfast and I could barely change her for church without her holding it. Too cute! Sunday morning, we all went to church again! Success??? Not so much...well, Sawyer decided to wake up right in the middle of praise & worship, so Dennis had to get up and walk around with him until he fell back asleep. But, it could've been worse. At least we got to stay for the service, which was so good.
We all came home and chilled all day. After the kids' naps we took our weekly family trip to the grocery. Thank goodness that Dennis has been willing to go with me every week. Hopefully, before long, I'll go by myself and take the kids like I used to when it was just me and Sadie. Maybe I'll try this coming Monday...we'll see!
Monday started the daunting task of having to feed Sawyer formula and me having to pump. It really went well. I was nervous that he wouldn't take a bottle right away, but he didn't even hesitate. (answered prayer) It made me sad to see him drinking so easily from a bottle, because of course, I want him to just need me in order to eat, but I got over that quickly. The pumping has NOT been fun. I got engorged (sorry if this is too much information) in the middle of the night on Monday night and had to end up nursing Sawyer for one feeding, b/c I felt like I was going to die. Literally. I was engorged, I started feeling a fever coming on, my heartrate was out of control, and so on. My guess is that the pump wasn't getting all of the milk out because it's probably not as strong as Sawyer, so the milk was backing up and causing me to become engorged. Not fun!!! But, I think I took care of it when I nursed him and we both seemed happy.
Monday night, we went to my Memaw and Pepaw's house for b-b-q, but everyone jetted shortly after to get home and watch the UT game. Sadie had a ball playing over there, because my Memaw has this HUGE closet in their bonus room and I swear, it has a million toys in there that she has collected over the years. I am convinced that Sadie will never get to play with them all because there are so many! She just kept playing and didn't want to leave. She literally went and hid behind a mattress in the closet when I told her it was time to go. We were laughing.
Anyways, I take the big man in the morning to get his bilirubin level rechecked. Please pray that the formula has done the trick. I will keep everyone posted!

No comments: