Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Almost 4 Weeks...

Well, it's been almost 4 weeks now since little Sawyer has arrived. Things are still going well. They are definitely getting more difficult, but they are going well. I think it's because Sawyer is awake more now these days, so he's demanding more of my attention, therefore taking away more of Sadie's time with me, and so on. You get the picture...
But, I told someone today that the transition from one child to two is much easier than going from no children to one...for me anyways. I know that may shock some people, but I feel like it's been a lot easier bringing Sawyer into my world than it was when we brought Sadie home. I'm not sure why. I think it's mainly because Sawyer has been such a good baby so far. Just because he cries a little more these days doesn't mean he's becoming a "bad" or "difficult" baby. He's just a little more demanding than he was the first few weeks.
But, we've been getting out and about a lot more. I went for my first grocery store visit by myself last week, and it was perfectly fine. Both kids did great, thank the Lord!
Sadie loves him to pieces. She has started wanting to kiss him all of the time now, and it is so precious. She will kiss his little cheeks and his toes, and it's enough to bring tears to a mother's eyes. So, so precious. I'm enjoying this bond while I can, because I'm sure a few years from now they'll be ripping each other's hair out! ha ha
I take him for his one-month check up tomorrow. So, we'll see how big he's gotten! My sis is coming over in the morning to watch Sadie while I take Sawyer to his checkup. It's so nice to have another person here to help out when I need a babysitter. That way, I'm not having to wear my mom and Deb out all of the time. But, I know Rachel will get a job soon, so I'm just trying to use her while I can. I may just hire her myself as my personal nanny! ha ha
Anyways, I snapped this picture last night because I thought it was so darn sweet. See for yourself.

No comments: