Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sawyer Update


Thanks to everyone who has been praying for us. I took Sawyer this morning to Vanderbilt and they drew his blood. It went a lot better than I had thought. Normally, they prick his little heel, and it takes FOREVER to get a very small amount of blood out. The few times I've seen this done, it's been traumatic. It takes 15 minutes or so just to get a few drops, so I was expecting this to be done again.
But, they actually took it from his arm, which was pretty traumatic too, because they have to put the rubberband around it just like they do with adults, and he was not happy about that, but the whole process only took about 2 or 3 minutes and they were done. So, the screaming only lasted that long, thank goodness. It breaks my heart, so I wasn't sure how I'd handle it, but I did very well. My mom offered to take him back for me so that I wouldn't have to see it done, but I felt like I'd be a bad mom if I put him off on someone else, so I sucked it up and God gave me the strength as usual.
We won't know any of the results until sometime this weekend. I will probably call and check on the results sometime on Saturday but it may not be until Sunday that we hear anything.
So, keep on praying! Thanks again!

No comments: