Monday, June 2, 2008

HOT Weekend Update

Boy, is it getting HOT outside!!! Oh my goodness. I can't believe I'm going to be pregnant during these next 2 months. Wow...I broke out in a full sweat today just putting the groceries in the car. It took me all of 2 minutes, and I was sweating profusely. I was hoping that June would allow 80 degree temperatures and that the 90 degree temps wouldn't kick in until July, but NO! It's supposed to be 90 degrees all week! Oh well, what's a girl to do? I know one thing...I will be getting Sadie a baby pool to sit in our backyard so that we can both cool off.

Thursday, our little neice, McHaney, had heart surgery at Vanderbilt. She is doing fabulous, Praise the Lord! She was born with a heart murmur, which I think was causing one side of her heart to grow faster than the other, thus needing surgery. Rachel and Daren did great. Much better than I would've done. I think I would've had to have been put to sleep too if Sadie was undergoing heart surgery. But, they all did great, and McHaney pulled through like a champ!!!
Friday, my friend Shelly and her little boy Greyson came over to play. Sadie and Greyson had so much fun together. Greyson even cried when he had to leave. It was precious.

I need to mention on a side-note that my child is now WALKING!! Yippee!!! Yes, it took her 14 months, but she is now walking all over the place. She started a little over a week ago, and she has not stopped. It's amazing how she went from scarily taking a few steps here and there, to now walking all over the place and never slowing down. This huge milestone got a little lost during the move last weekend, but it's oh so important to mention now. I told her that she only 2 more months to learn to walk, because I can't carry 2 babies around at the same time, so she got her little tooshie into gear and started to walk. ha ha

This picture is of Sadie on her new bean bag that DaDa insisted that she and Sawyer have one each. It's hilarious, b/c it swallows her whole! I think we got them a little too big, but we know they'll both love them one day. She loves her new playroom with all of her toys.
Friday afternoon, Dennis put his new grill together that he got for his 30th birthday a year ago. We wanted to save it until we moved. He has become the ultimate handyman. I swear, that man can put together anything. It really does amaze me. I guess from a girl's perspective, it's quite impressive, because I can't put together anything.
Afterwards, we ran to Belk to get Sadie some PJ's and grabbed dinner at Zaxby's.

Saturday, we all got up and went to Lowe's to get some things for the house. I never realized how many trips to Lowe's you can make once you move into a new house. Goodness gracious! We need to purchase stock in that place for cryin' out loud! After Sadie's nap Saturday afternoon, we went and got Outback to-go and took it out to Daren and Rachel's house since McHaney had been in the hospital. It was so much fun to watch the girls run around together and play. Sadie was in RARE form! They have a mini weiner dog named Utah, and although Sadie has seen her numerous times, she got the biggest kick out of her on Saturday. It was hilarious! I'm not sure I've ever heard Sadie laugh so hard. She fed Utah almost all of her grilled cheese sandwich and crunchies. Everytime she would throw food down to Utah, she would just start to hee-haw at herself. McHaney was looking at her like she was a crazy person, which I don't blame her.

Uncle Red (aka Daren) read the girls a book and I thought this picture was so precious.

Saturday night, we had horrible storms and we experienced our first power outage at the new house. Not fun in the middle of the night. Not fun when you're hot and pregnant. Not fun when your child is used to sleeping with a fan to make background noise....But, after about 2 and 1/2 hours, it kicked back on and all was well.

We went to church on Sunday morning and the service was great. We sang "I Saw the Light" and it felt like we were in an old country church back in the 1940's. It was great! We picked up Sadie from the nursery and for the first time, she came walking towards us instead of just sitting in the floor playing. It was neat. Afterwards, we grabbed a quick lunch at DQ in Glenbrook, which I don't recommend, because I had a big hair in mine. Yuck!!!!

Dennis' dad and stepmom stopped by to see the house and to see Sadie for a quick minute before her naptime. Then, we all sat out on the screened-in porch and chatted for a while. Despite the 85 degree weather, it actually felt quite nice out there.

We took Sadie for her first ride in her new wagon that she got for her birthday. She loved it! I think we're going to love this neighborhood. Everyone seems so friendly.

Dog Update: The 2 dogs next door are about to see their last days. They are barking non-stop and it's driving us crazy!! For a few days, they were fine, but we think it's because the owners put them inside. Now, they've trained them to use the underground fence, so they pretty much let them outside all of the time now. When we go outside, or when we walked past their yard last night on our nice, leisurely walk, they just run as close to you as they can and bark their heads off. You just want to give them both a swift kick in the ribs!! And, I'm sorry, but they're about the ugliest dogs in the world. If they were the kind of dogs that would bark at first, but then wag their tail and lick you or something, that'd be great, but I think they have small dog syndrome, and they don't plan on being friendly to anyone. Pray for us. We need to stop planning our attack. But, come on people, if you have just moved into a new neighborhood, wouldn't you NOT want to tick off all of your neighbors?? In the whole neighborhood that we walked last night, those were the only 2 dogs that caused us any trouble.
That's all for now. I'm bent out of shape thinking about the dogs now, so I will go...

1 comment:

Jennifer Aldridge said...

Thanks for the update on the dog situation, I had been wondering :)