Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Quick Update

Sadie had her 15 month check-up yesterday, and everything was perfect. Besides her screaming when the doctor was checking her out and of course screaming when she got her 2 shots...bless her heart.
She weighs a little over 21 pounds and is about 31 inches long. Still petite!
I went in for my 34 week check-up this afternoon. No changes with me. Thank goodness!! I told Dr. Adkins that when I was pregnant with Sadie, I PRAYED every time I went to the doctor that he would tell me that I was dilated and that it was "time to have the baby". This time, I PRAY that nothing will have changed and I can just wait until July 30th. I'm perfectly fine waiting this time!! It's so completely different than last time. I went over and pre-registered at Baptist for my C-section. It was so weird to walk the halls of the maternity ward. Brings back memories! Even the smell freaked me out a bit. I put in a request for a "suite" for our stay at the hospital. Some people may think it's stupid to pay the extra $100 a night to have a suite, but I just felt like our regular room was so stinkin' small when I had Sadie. I truly felt claustrophobic the whole time I was there. I'm sure a lot of it had to do with horomones, but I just thought if it works out, it'd be nice to have a little more room. Plus, the $100 includes 24-hour room service for you AND your spouse, so Dennis wouldn't have to worry about getting himself meals the whole time. So, I'm praying that one will be available that morning. It's on a "first come-first serve" basis, so we won't know until we arrive that morning if one is available, but we'll see...
Sadie has been at her Grammy's all day, and we're about to head out there to eat dinner and pick her up. Although it was nice to be able to run around all day without getting her in and out of the car, I do miss my little baby girl!!!! I can't wait to see her smiling little face!!!

No comments: