Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weekend Update

This weekend was fairly low key. Kinda nice though! Friday night, we just went and ate at Black Eyed Pea. Yum, yum! We don't go there very often, but the food is so yummy. I always wonder why it's never crowded...
Saturday, we went to Babies R Us to get a few more things needed for Sawyer's arrival, and then we came home to get Sadie down a little early for her nap. We had our neice, McHaney's 2nd birthday party to attend Saturday night. Thank goodness, Sadie took a great nap. We had to wake her up to go, but she was in a good mood nonetheless. We headed to Franklin to my sis-in-law's parents house for the party. It was a Teletubby-themed party, and Dennis had the privilege (ha ha) of dressing up as Po, I think. He was the red one. Sadie hasn't ever watched the show, so she was a little less than impressed. Actually, she ended up being a bit frightened. Dennis' brother, Daren dressed up as Laa Laa, the yellow one. See below:


It was pretty comical. Dennis was happy to do the favor though. I just hope Daren realizes that Sadie may want a Strawberry Shortcake or Tinkerbell theme at her 2nd birthday party, and guess who we'll be asking to dress up????
The party went great. Everyone seemed to have a great time. McHaney got tons of presents. We had to end up leaving in the middle of her opening them all because we were afraid we might be there all night long! ha ha Sadie seemed to have a ball. She was running around everywhere, which made me a nervous wreck, b/c the party was held outside by the pool. I wish Dennis had brought his swimming trunks so that he and Sadie could've swam with the others, but we forgot, so she had to settle with sitting on the side and kicking her feet in the water. Here are a few more pictures from the party:




Sadie had a small "first" at the party. She drank out of a juice box with a straw all by herself. We hadn't conquered the straw thing until tonight, so I was pretty proud of her. The sooner we can get rid of sippy cups, the better! Here's a quick picture that I captured of her drinking her juice box. I think it helped that it had Elmo on it!

We left the party and Dennis quickly ran me by to see Rachel and Daren's new house that they are building. It's been framed and it seems to be gorgeous! I cannot wait until it's finished.
Sunday, we went to church, and it was one of the best! I boo-hoo'd during part of the service when a guy gave his testimony (via video) about losing his wife and little girl a little over a year ago in a car accident, which left him to raise his 2 month old daughter all by himself. At one point, I thought I was going to have to leave the service, because I didn't want to embarass myself or Dennis. It was an awesome testimony of how God brought him through such a tough time though. What a strong Christian man! Bless his heart. We went to eat at Salsaritas after church, came home and took naps, then went to dinner at Uncle Buds. (thanks to Bro. David going on and on about the catfish during church today)
Tonight, we took Sadie for a walk in her wagon, played on her swingset for a while and put the little darlin' to bed.
Let another week begin!!

1 comment:

Amy Lafayett said...

Okay. . . Teletubbies?? How hysterical. The pic of the guys dressed up is too much! You need that framed somewhere. I can't stop laughing. Do you remember the red lands end pjs that we all got for Christmas one year. . . I mean all five of us girls. . . well, Chad and Kim used to make fun of me for having them. . . they always said it was my red teletubbie outfit! ha! Sounds like a fun weekend. I love keeping up with you this way!