Monday, June 9, 2008

Weekend Update

Another HOT one! Wow! It seems to just keep getting hotter. I saw last night on the news that this is the hottest start to June in 60 years. Are you kidding me? I won't continue to elaborate on how dang hot it is outside, but just sympathize with the pregnant chick, please!!!!
Friday, Sadie and I just ran some errands together. It was so hot outside that about halfway through my errands, I turned around and came home. I was just sick of getting us both in and out of the car a hundred times. Friday night, we went to eat at Red Robin. It was Dennis' first time, and it was mine and Sadie's 2nd. It was so yummy!!!! I think their cheeseburgers are the best around, and I am definitely a cheeseburger connoisseur. Dennis got their "famous shaved prime rib sandwich", and he said it left a lot to be desired. So, if you go, stick w/ the burgers! We had the best service too, which is unusual for us. This sweet little girl was on top of everything. Then, since we didn't seem to be full enough from a huge dinner, we went by Maggie Moos and got milkshakes. Mistake!!! I felt like I was going to barf for the rest of the night. I was so incredibly full!!! But, it was delicious, I must say.

Saturday, Sadie slept until almost 10:45, so Dennis and I got to hang out a bit together and drink coffee, etc. We all ran a few errands, but came on back home, because it was really hot again. My dad came in town this weekend, so he came over, and we all went to eat at McAlister's in Gallatin, b/c I was craving just a good ole sandwich and some yummy sweet tea. Well, we pulled in and discovered it's no longer there. Bummer! So, we settled for Zaxby's, which wasn't quite as yummy, but served the purpose. Afterwards, yes, we went BACK to Maggie Moos, b/c my dad had never been there. Again, it was delicious. We all came back here and just hung out until it was time for Sadie to get her bath and go to bed.

Sunday, we went to church, and I think Sadie cried most of the time in the nursery. The lady said that all of the kids seemed to be upset, which was probably why Sadie cried. We found her on the "bye bye buggy" when we went to pick her up. She didn't look too enthused. But, church was great. Bro David was fired up! Afterwards, we came back home for sandwiches and chips. During Sadie's nap, I layed on the couch and Dennis went down and organized his "shop" (aka crawl space) all afternoon. He has turned it into "Dennis' playland". He even set it up to where he can shoot his bow down there. I guess every guy needs a place to escape like that. After Sadie had dinner, we put her in the swimming pool, which she didn't seem to care too much for, then we took her for her first 4-wheeler ride.
We just rode around the neighborhood a few times, and took her to see the horses that live in our neighborhood. We showed up just in time for feeding, so she enjoyed watching that. They are beautiful horses, and the 2 females just had 2 baby girls about 2 months ago, and they are too cute. One of them was nibbling on Dennis' elbow. It was a good time though, and Sadie seemed to enjoy the 4-wheeler ride. I think in the picture below, she's asking "why are we finished riding?"
All in all, it was a good weekend, but too short, as usual.

No comments: