Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekend Update

This weekend was my baby shower for Sawyer. It was a wonderful shower. Thank you so much to my sister-in-law Rachel, Dennis' cousin Anita, and my 2 girlfriends, Shelly and Cayce for giving me such a wonderful shower. It was so thoughtful and everything was perfect. The food was incredible, and I got so many nice things. It was so crazy to receive so many "boy" items. I'm just not used to it yet. I love it, but I'm just not used to it quite yet. I really had a great time though, and I hope everyone else did too. It was good to see so many faces that I don't get to see very often. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the shower.



Saturday night, we had Travis, Anita, and Cole over for pizza. It's been a while since we've all gotten together, so we wanted them to come over and let Sadie and Cole play together. We had a great time. Sadie seemed so excited to have a playmate. We took them on a walk to see the horses in our subdivision. Sadie was impressed, as usual, but Cole seemed a little less than enthused. He's only 10 months old though, so give him a few months and I'm sure he'll love them just as much.




Sunday, we went to church and it was sooooooo good. We sang what I call my "theme song", which is "You Have Made Me Glad" by Darlene Zschech. I love, love, love it. It was the song that got me through a very rough time in my life when I had my miscarriage in the fall of 2005. I remember listening to it over and over and over again in my car, and I would just cry and cry, because I knew that the Lord was with me, and I wanted Him to know that even though I didn't understand what I was going through, I still trusted Him through all times. He definitely was my "very present help in time of need". If you are ever going through a rough time, please listen to the words of this song. Anyways, the message was great. Sadie did great in the nursery, which always makes things better. She even had to be put in a different room because hers was closed, but she did great. We came home and ate leftovers for lunch, tried to nap while Sadie napped, but was unsuccessful for different reasons, and then went to dinner at Cheddars. Our service wasn't great there, as usual, but it was still pretty yummy!
All in all, it was a great weekend! Thanks again to my girls for giving me that shower. I appreciate it more than you'll ever know!!!

No comments: