Wednesday, June 4, 2008

July 30th - The Big Day

Well, the "big day" was set today. Sawyer will arrive sometime on July 30th. We were hoping to get out of July because we have 13 other birthdays and our anniversary in July, but surprisingly, we don't have anything on the 30th, so it will work out fine. What's one more??? ha ha We're now taking up almost half the month!
Dr. Adkins was planning to call Baptist after our appt. to set up the OR, etc., so we won't have it exactly set in stone until I go back in 2 weeks, but he was confident it would be done on that date. We pushed for Friday, August 1st, but Dr. Adkins will be out of town that day, so we moved it to the 30th. Now I can officially say "I'm due next month"!
Everything else looked great, and his little heartbeat sounded good too. I'm getting so excited!!!
We went and got Sadie a baby pool today at KMart; if that's what you want to call it. It's pretty big! It was only $29.99 and it is HUGE! Dennis looked at me like I was crazy when I told him it was Sadie's "baby pool". It supposedly will fit about 6 people in it. He's blowing it up as we speak so that we can use it tomorrow. My friend Shelly told me about it, because she bought one for Greyson and she said he loved it. Plus, she said she got in it by herself when he went down for his nap, and I thought that was a great idea. I need some sun so bad! My legs will absolutely blind you!!
Quick doggie update: I spoke with the lady next door yesterday for a while out in the yard, and she was so sweet. I started to feel guilty for "dogging" (no pun intended) her dogs out. She was apologizing for how much they've been barking, and she promised they would stop as soon as they get used to the new house/new neighbors, etc. She's actually pregnant too and due one month after me and is having a little boy as well. You'd never know it, b/c she's so tiny. She also seems to be a little older. I'm guessing she's in her late 30's at least. She's a c-section recovery nurse at a hospital in Bowling Green right now, but is looking for a job around here. Anyways, I am going to try my best to lay off of the dogs for a while and change my bad attitude towards them. Hold me accountable!!!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hey girl, I'm getting together a mommy/baby swim lesson class on the week of June 23rd if you're interested. Just let me know. Congrats on the new house!