Friday, May 30, 2008

Back to Normal

Hola Friends! Have you missed me? I finally feel that my life is getting back to normal again after the last week or so. Actually, after the last month or so. With packing, selling the house, moving, etc., our lives have been somewhat turned upside down lately. But, finally yesterday we got our phones, cable, internet, etc. hooked up, and we can communicate with the outside world again. I never knew how much I appreciated just the sound of the TV being on during the day. Sadie is not a TV watcher, but I think we both were getting tired of all of the silence all day long. I just like having that little bit of sound throughout the house. Call me crazy, I don't know. I realized that I even like the sound of Elmo, Handy Manny, or Bob the Builder in the background. At first, it was nice. Dennis and I would just sit out on the screened in porch and talk and just enjoy the quietness. But, once he went back to work and it was just Sadie and me all day, I realized how deafening silence really is. I felt like I was going insane at times. But, now, we're all set up and our new house seems to be feeling more like "home" every day. Sadie has adjusted so well. She never skipped a beat. She loves her new room, and everytime we walk in and turn her new light on (it's a little pink chandelier) she gets so excited. And, we have a "playroom" for her in this house, so she loves that! Almost all of her toys are in this one room, so she can just go crazy in there and not have to hear "no, no" to anything!
I have to give some Kudos to a group of wonderful people who helped us make our move so incredibly successful. My mom, Dennis' mom, Dennis' grandma, and my dad.
My mom kept Sadie for us on Friday night and all day Saturday. It was so wonderful to not worry about her at all. Shewas great for my mom and I could have never done it without her. Mom even gave Sadie her first pedicure and painted her little toenails. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen. I still laugh every time I look down at her little pink toes. I have no idea how mom got her to sit so still for the painting process, but they actually looked really good! And, she and Sadie went shopping and bought Sadie a "princess" rocking chair for her new room that just fits her perfectly. It even has a ballet too-too on the bottom. So precious!! THANK YOU MOM!
Dennis' mom was there to help with everything too. She was nonstop as usual. She helped keep Sadie on Friday morning while we went to closing, then she met us back at the house on Friday afternoon and brought a ton of food and helped us bring in some boxes. Then, she was back on Saturday doing all sorts of stuff. Running back and forth between houses, carrying tons of loads up and down the stairs, etc. Then, her and LJ brought us a wonderful BBQ dinner on Saturday night after the move was over. THANK YOU GRAMMY!!!!!
Dennis' Grandma came over on Saturday and brought lunch for everyone, including all of the movers. What a blessing!!! She even brought us some paper towels, toilet paper, trashbags, etc. All of those things that you need when you first move in to a new house. She's amazing!! THANK YOU, GRANDMA!!!!
Last, but definitely not least, I have to thank my dad again! He was a superstar once again. Dennis couldn't have made it through any of this move without him. For two whole weekends in a row, he dedicated all of his time in town with us to help with whatever we needed. Not to mention, all of the time he spent at home these past few months getting Sadie's bookshelf built and her cradle refinished for her room. He met us Friday night and helped us move a ton of stuff over here and get unpacked. He met me here early Saturday morning and hung more curtain rods, put together Sadie's new crib, put together Sadie's big girl bed (for the future), helped me hang curtains, helped me put all of our bedding on, helped me do all of Sadie's bedding, ran back and forth between houses getting loads of boxes, and other junk, and finally, he went to my aunt and uncles house where Sadie's playset was, basically took it apart and got it ready for the movers to come and pick up. Then, when the movers brought it here, he helped them put it all back together, and he helped Dennis tighten it all up. He was nothing short of amazing. Dennis was so appreciative of all of my dad's hard work. He definitely saved Dennis from having to stay up all night that night putting a bunch of stuff together and getting curtains over the windows, etc. He allowed Dennis to be able to stay at our old house with the movers while he was here with me, helping me out with stuff. THANK YOU DAD!!! There is no way we could've done it without him, and I never once heard him complain about anything. Not one time. The only thing he complained about was that he left half of his meatball sub sandwich in our fridge when he left, and he was looking forward to eating it.
We have a great family that is always there to help us when we need it. Especially for those last minute requests!
I'll blog more later, but I wanted everyone to know that I was back from no man's land!

No comments: