Thursday, May 1, 2008

Playdate w/ Olivia and Baby Addy

We went over to my friend Katie's house today who has a newborn, Addy. She's 5 weeks old, and her and Olivia are the same distant apart as Sadie and Sawyer will be, so I wanted to take a sneak peek into their lives to see what I have to "look forward to" in 3 months.

Besides Olivia being extremely jealous of Katie while she's nursing Addy, it seems to be going smoothly. I mean, things are definitely busy around there, but it didn't seem to be as much "madness" as I would've expected with a 17 month old and a newborn. I think you're just much more laid back with your 2nd. You don't run to them the very second they start to cry, you simply don't have the hours every day to just sit on the couch and hold them, and so forth. I'm hoping that Sawyer will be much more independent than Sadie was as a baby. And, I'm praying he'll be a better sleeper. Take a look at a few of the pictures I snapped. They're pretty cute!
Sadie looks awful suspicious in this picture above. But, that's about as close as she would get to Addy.


This is Olivia being a sweet big sister and giving Addy a kiss.This is Olivia trying to teach Sadie to climb from the chair up onto the coffee table. NO, NO Sadie!!!!
I commend Katie so much though, because she's definitely one of those mommies who isn't afraid to just get on out there and go, go, go with 2 babies!! The other day after "My Gym", we took the kids to Red Robin for lunch, and Katie didn't skip a beat. I can only hope I have it together that much to take 2 babies out to lunch all by myself when they are that young. With one, it's no big deal, but with 2, man...you sure have your hands full!!!

No comments: