Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekend Update

I tried to think of a catchy title for this week's update, but I am feeling uncreative today. Mostly just tired!

Friday, Sadie and I ran a few errands, and met my mom back at my house so that she could help me pack some of the house while Sadie napped. "Packing" turned into only packing up one room and then watching "Days of Our Lives". I wasn't feeling very motivated, obviously. Thanks, mom!

Friday night, we had our usual family dinner at Chili's. It's becoming a weekly thing. The service is never outstanding, but the food is always good and cheap, b/c I usually get a kids meal for myself. There's not as much room in the ole belly as their used to be!

We left Chili's and ran by the new house to see the landscaping that had been done that day. It looks incredible! Then, the cravings started kicking in on the way home, so I made Dennis stop at Publix. I got a box of Ghiradelli brownies to make, vanilla ice cream, and Magic Shell chocolate sauce. Can we say PIG???? That would be me. I didn't end up making the brownies, but I did enjoy a nice sized bowl of ice cream topped with Magic Shell.

Saturday morning, Dennis got up early and met my dad at the new house to do some work. I have to give a shout-out to my dad. He is incredible. He selflessly spent ALL day Saturday doing stuff around our new house such as hanging ALL of the blinds, hanging curtain rods, helping Dennis with stuff, etc. Then, he came back on Sunday morning and finished up some more stuff and ended up staying in Nashville until about 3:00 in the afternoon before he had to head back to East TN. He is a saint, I tell ya. He saved Dennis from having to go to the house every night this week and do all of that stuff all by himself. He definitely came to the rescue, and Dennis and I both agreed that the best part about it all is that we know that my dad doesn't mind helping at all. He actually finds it quite enjoyable, and does it all with a smile on his face. He's coming back in this weekend to help me out with some more stuff while we move. He and Dennis worked all day long until about 8:15 that night. My dad even made Sadie a custom-made "dollhouse bookshelf" to put in her new room, and it looks like it was built in to the wall. It fits like a glove in her room. It is so precious. I know she's going to love it! THANK YOU POPPY!!! You are truly the best!!!!! He and Dennis remind me so much of one another. I'm so lucky to have married someone that is like my dad. And, the best part is that I know in my heart that my dad loves Dennis just like he is his own son. It blesses my heart to know that they have such a good relationship.

Anyways, mom, Sadie, and I went to Chance's baseball game, but they got killed. The game was over when the other team was outscoring Chance's team by 10 points. Ouch! But, it was fun to watch Emma and Sadie play. They are too cute.

Mom and Sadie in their cute sunglasses.


Emma helping Sadie walk. I thought this picture was priceless.

Mom and I ran some errands after the game and then I came home, put Sadie down, and I tried to rest for a moment, b/c I wasn't feeling well. I think it's just allergies. Fun, fun.

I took Dennis and Dad some dinner (aka McDonalds, my dad's favorite), and then Sadie and I went to my mom's for a yummy home cooked roast dinner. It was so delicious. I can still taste it...We took Sadie down by the lake to feed the geese and their babies. She was laughing hysterically. It was hilarious. I guess she just thought it was funny to see the geese eating. She couldn't stop laughing. Then, we enjoyed my mom's homemade banana pudding. Oh my goodness. There's nothing like it in this world. Don't worry, although I enjoyed roast while Dennis had McDonalds, I did bring him home a big helping of banana pudding. I'm not that selfish! ha ha

Oh yeah, I can't leave out that when I took dinner to my dad and Dennis, they informed me that our new neighbors that had just moved in have 2 freakin' yappin' dogs that they were keeping out on their screened in porch. Is it bad of me that I was already trying to plan how I could poison these animals??? Forgive me Lord. I just know that we built this house in this particular neighborhood, on this particular lot so that we could enjoy peace and quiet, especially out on our screened in porch. The last thing I want is to go sit out there and listen to not one, but TWO barking dogs everytime I go out there. Keep in mind, I am dog LOVER. I love them to pieces. But, I do not like it when people keep dogs outside that they know are going to bark all of the time. Lexie and Cocoa were never barkers, so I don't think we're getting paid back or anything like that. I just hope and pray (literally, I've been praying about this) that these people will bring their dogs inside once they get settled in. Please Lord!!! Please!!!!! Not to mention, Sawyer's nursery is right there on that end of the house, and so help me, if those stupid dogs keep him from sleeping...sorry, I'm having murderous thoughts again....Pray for me...

We all got up Sunday and went to church. Sadie did great in the nursery. She didn't even cry when we dropped her off. Finally! Afterwards, Dennis went back to the new house to help my dad finish some things up, and I came home and packed.

Oh yeah, and for everyone that is wondering, I made my Ghiradelli brownies Sunday night.

So, a pretty productive weekend is behind us, and now our week ahead has begun. Moving Week! AAAAGGGGHHHHH! I've been waiting for this week for almost a year now!!!! Dennis has done an amazing job building this house. I'm so proud of him. I can't imagine how proud he must be. Every little thing he did to the house was thought out by him, and it has paid off. Thank you, babe. You are amazing and wonderful, and I'm the luckiest wife in the world!

So, if you fellow bloggers don't hear from me for a while, it's because we're moving, and I'm not sure when our internet will be hooked back up, etc. But, pray that our move goes smoothly!! I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Let me know what we can do to help!