Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend Update

Hello Mommies out there! I hope your weekend was as good as mine. Last Mother's Day was such a blur. I had a 2 month old, and I think I just spent it being sleep deprived! This weekend was much better.
My mom went out of town for the weekend, so we celebrated Mother's Day together on Friday. We just ran around town and went to lunch at Avanti Gourmet. Yum! They have the best cheeseburgers in the world! We had ice cream at Maggie Moos. Oh my goodness. I can't get over the "Better Batter" w/ crushed oreos in it. I'm afraid throughout the remainder of my pregnancy, I may gain most of my weight from eating ice cream there. But, I'm so thankful that it came to Hendersonville! My mom got the chocolate better batter w/ crushed brownies. We shared with Sadie and she couldn't decide which one she liked best. She just said "NUM, NUM" the whole time. It was precious.

Friday night, Dennis, Sadie, and I went to Chilis to eat dinner. Saturday, we ran out to my mother-in-law's to give her a Mother's Day gift and have lunch with her. We all sat out on the back porch and ate lunch, and then we rode around the farm with Sadie so that she could see all of the donkeys, etc. She loves it out there, because we spend so much time outside. It was such a beautiful day! Saturday night, we just went and ran some errands and ate dinner at Longhorn. It was pretty gross. We had good service though, so it made the gross food a little more bearable. We had this obnoxious family that sat right behind us. The parents seemed hammered, b/c they were drinking margaritas, and the 2 kids seemed like they had ADD or something. They talked so loud that it seemed as if they were yelling the whole time. Then, we heard that their bill was around $80, and they only tipped the precious waitress $8. Cheapskates! We felt so sorry for her, so we left her a good tip. We tried to go get some ice cream at Maggie Moos, but the line was pretty long, so we opted out of that, which probably worked out for the best, b/c I didn't need Maggie Moos 2 days in a row!

Sunday, we skipped out on church, which I wasn't very happy about, but we kinda had no choice. Sadie didn't wake up until 9:30, so we missed that service. Then, we had to be out in Green Hills for lunch at Nero's Grille w/ Dennis' family, so we couldn't make the 11:00 service either. So, we slept in, drank some coffee, took our time getting ready (which doesn't get to happen very often), and headed to Nero's for lunch. Dennis & Sadie surprised me with some great Mother's Day gifts and some precious cards, along with some fresh picked roses from our rose bushes. It was very sweet, and I felt very special. Anytime Dennis' side of the family gets together w/ ALL of the kids, it's usually madness, but this time, it seemed like more of an organized chaos. The kids all behaved and the food was YUMMY! It was a buffet style set-up, and they had the best french toast I've ever had. The best part was, they had a little bowl of powdered sugar, so you could put as much as you wanted to on your french toast. Let's just say for me, you could barely see the piece of french toast, b/c I piled so much powdered sugar and syrup on it. It did me right! We had our own private room, which was a blessing. It ended up being great.

Cayce, Steele, me, and Sadie. Sadie's trying to take Steele's sippy cup.


Aunt Pam, Travis, Anita, Cole, Mitsi, Grammy, and Sadie.

We went to bed last night talking about how blessed we are to have such a precious little girl. Dennis asked me if I thought other parents enjoyed their kids as much as we enjoy Sadie. I said "I sure hope so". She is definitely the joy of our lives and she brings more happiness to this family than anything else in the world. I am to the point now where I can't wait for little Sawyer to arrive, because I know he will just add to the love in this family. I definitely feel like the luckiest mom in the whole world.

No comments: