Monday, May 5, 2008

Weekend Update

Whew! This weekend flew by. I hate when that happens, because I love it when Dennis is here all weekend. I look forward to it every week.
Friday night, we went to my Memaw's house for dinner to celebrate my sweet cousin Molly's engagement! I still can't believe she's getting married! It reallly makes me feel old because I can clearly remember when she was born, and now she is getting married next year and graduating from UT this week. Chance and Emma were there too, and it was so great to spend some time with them. Sadie loves them both to pieces. Here are a few pics of the night:


Saturday, we spent the day running errands and getting some things done. Nothing too exciting. Saturday night, we went and got Chilis-to-go and took it to Dennis' grandparent's house and had dinner with them. It was great to sit and spend some quality time with them. His grandad has a blod clot in his leg, and hasn't been able to leave the house for a few days, so hopefully, we brightened his day a bit by bringing Sadie by to visit. We came home and put Sadie down to bed, and then had this fabulous dessert that I had made just for fun. It's one of Dennis' favorites, so we chowed down on that and about made ourselves sick. It's so fun being pregnant!!!!

Sunday, we got up and went to church. Dennis' dad and stepmom came and went with us. They are planning to move here from Tullahoma, so they had a day of house-hunting planned. Church was wonderful, although for some reason, the traffic getting in and out of the parking lot was horrendous. (I'm not complaining though...) We all went and ate outside at Salsaritas, because it was a beautiful day! Then, we took them by our new house to show them the progress. It's just about finished. Yippee!!

My stepdad brought a contract on our house by to go over with us, and we signed it, so I guess you can say that we've sold our house, although it won't close until July, so we have to hold our breath until then. My stepdad said that the people that bought it have been the most difficult people he's ever worked with. The contract was nothing to jump up and down about, so forgive me if I don't sound too excited. For anyone who cares, the whole reason we started building another house was so we could take the money we made off of this one, put the big chunk down on the new one, and lower our mortgage payments to make it more comfortable for me to be able to stay at home with the kiddos. Well, due to the contract we received on this house, we're hardly making anything at all, and our mortgage payment is going to actually go up now. So, our plan did not quite work out as we had hoped, but we're trusting that God is in control. He knows our needs, and we both still fully believe He wants me to be a mommy-at-home, so we're trusting Him to provide the money we'll need every month, etc. Sometimes our plans are not God's plans, and we just have to have faith and trust Him.

But, at least we have a contract, and now we can close on our new house in a couple of weeks and move on!!! Praise the Lord!!!!

Last night, we went to my mother-in-law's for dinner. My little neice was staying there because my poor sis-in-law is in the hospital with kidney stones, or kidney boulders as her doctor described (I feel your pain, sis!). So, we let McHaney and Sadie play for a while. McHaney was all over me. I think she missed her mommy. I thought it was so cute though. I was attempting to "relax" on the lounge out on the back porch, and she was just wallering all over me and laying on me. It was hilarious. I loved it though. What mom doesn't eat it up when those precious kiddos are lovin' on ya???

Our weekend ended with another helping of my dessert and we watched "Rendition" w/ Jake Gyllenhal and Reese Witherspoon, 2 of my favorites. It was a great movie, but extremely confusing. I'm still wondering what happened...

Anyways, God is good. That is what I left my weekend feeling like.

No comments: