Monday, April 28, 2008

Weekend Update

Okay, no, I'm not trying to be like "Saturday Night Live" and do their version of "Weekend Update". I'm actually trying to be like my stepsister, Amy, who gives her weekend wrap-up on Mondays. I love reading about her weekends. I don't get to talk to her as often as I'd like, so when I get to see what her family did on the weekends, it warms my heart, b/c I feel in some way that I'm a part of it, even though I'm not. Does that make sense?
So, I guess in some way, I'm hoping that someone will care about what I did over the weekend! Anyways, on Thursday of last week, my dad, Sadie, and I all headed to St. Louis to visit my sister. Sadie did super in the car. She skipped her whole nap for the day and was still a little angel. Sorry, I have to brag on her. I just kept popping in different DVD's (which, I ended up laying awake all night for both nights in St. Louis singing songs from Elmo's World, which will leave you feeling like you're in an insane asylum) and she was perfectly happy. We even got a little lost, and didn't get to the hotel until 9:30, which is way past her bedtime, and she was still in the best little mood. Sometimes you gotta just love on your little ones when they are that good.
We picked Rachel up on Friday morning, and when she came running around the corner, she had the biggest smile on her face. It was soooooo good to see her! She has already changed so much for the better, and I can tell that God is doing an awesome work in her life. We had the best time hanging out w/ her on Friday and part of Saturday. We let Sadie ride on her first carousel in the mall in St. Louis. It went up and down and round and round. I was about to puke, but she loved it. Of course, in honor of Dennis, we put her on the deer. Hey, at least it had a pink saddle. I didn't know you could saddle up a deer, but whatever...
The rest of the time, we just talked and talked and laughed and shopped, and ATE! Lordy Mercy (no pun intended) did we eat!!! We ate McDonalds, Chik-fil-A, Nestle cookies from the "Nestle Cookie Cafe (aka - My HEAVEN!)", Cinnamon Roles from Cinnabon, M&M's (which my dad tried to feed to Sadie - um, can we say choking hazard, Poppy???), Cokes, etc. But, it was so much fun. I hated to have to leave her on Saturday. It broke my heart. I miss her. But, she's doing awesome, and it's only been one month, so I can't wait to see what else the Lord is going to do in her life.
Dad, Sadie, and I drove back on Saturday afternoon, and again, she skipped her nap, and was a perfect angel. I can already tell she's going to be a world traveler one day.
Saturday night, we just hung out w/ Dennis and after Sadie went to bed, Dennis went and got dinner for us. A romantic dinner. A dinner like we haven't shared in months! Okay, just kidding. He went and got Krystals. Yes, of all things...Krystals! I'm sorry folks...it sounded so good to me. I'm pregnant. Give me a break here. And, the saddest part is...it didn't hurt my stomach at all, and normally when I eat Krystals, it feels as though a large bomb has been dropped in my stomach.
Sunday, we went to church, and it was a great service. Wonderful music. We sang a song entitled "Thank You, Lord", (not the old song that you sang growing up...this is a new one, and it's awesome!!!!) and I broke down. The Lord has done so much for me and has brought me out of through a lot over the past few years, and has blessed me beyond what I can imagine! It just felt good to say/sing "Thank You" to Him. Many were baptized, and Bro. David had our church do "the wave" for cryin' out loud! Our church was so fired up about the Lord yesterday that we did "the wave". It was amazing. A little strange, but amazing. I think God enjoyed watching His people do the wave for Him. He doesn't think it's weird at all.
Last night, we just hung out and played. Sadie fell asleep on my chest on the couch around 7:15, which wasn't good, b/c it was too close to bedtime, but so precious that I couldn't wake her or move her for a while. It melted my heart to have her lay there on me. It's been so long!!! I can't get her to sit still for one minute, much less curl up beside me and just lay down and fall asleep to the sound of my heartbeat. Luckily, it didn't affect bedtime either.
All in all, it was a great weekend. I think Sadie misses her Poppy though. I had to show her his picture this morning, and she started throwing her arms up and smiling and yelling. It was too cute.

2 comments:

Amy Lafayett said...

Anna,
First let me say that I love the weekend wrapup. I do feel like you in that it lets me know what is going on with people. Second, I am sooo glad to hear that you had a good weekend with Rachel. I think that is great. I pray for her and I know and expect that God is doing amazing things in her life. Sadie sounds like she was a real trooper this weekend! Precious. And I am glad she gets good time with your dad. That is all so sweet.

Yes, church was really good. We really are so blessed. God has done so many wonderful things for us and I love a time to just reflect and remember and be thankful! Hallelujah! Thanks for sharing your weekend for all of us to enjoy!

Amy Lafayett said...

Anna,
First let me say that I love the weekend wrapup. I do feel like you in that it lets me know what is going on with people. Second, I am sooo glad to hear that you had a good weekend with Rachel. I think that is great. I pray for her and I know and expect that God is doing amazing things in her life. Sadie sounds like she was a real trooper this weekend! Precious. And I am glad she gets good time with your dad. That is all so sweet.

Yes, church was really good. We really are so blessed. God has done so many wonderful things for us and I love a time to just reflect and remember and be thankful! Hallelujah! Thanks for sharing your weekend for all of us to enjoy!