Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Slow but Steady

Slowly but steadily I am making it through this pregnancy. Some days, it seems as if I've been pregnant forever, and then on other days, I feel as though it's flying by. Today was my 6 month check-up which fell on a day where I feel it's flying by. I couldn't believe I was going in for my 6 month check-up! All was well. Another uneventful visit, but I am not complaining. Today was the day I had to drink the gross glucose drink and have my blood drawn. Last pregnancy, I failed it, and had to do the 3 hour test, so I'm praying and praying that I will pass this time! I don't think I could stand doing the 3 hour test again. But, I left the visit feeling very thankful that all was well. In the next visit or two, we'll set my c-section date. I am looking forward to having a date set in stone.
I took Sadie out to her Grammy's this morning and she got to play on the farm all day. Her cousin McHaney came too. I'm waiting on Rachel to send me some pics so that I can post them. I think it's the first time that Sadie has started crying when I said it was time to go "bye-bye". She was having so much fun. But, everyone else was leaving too, and it was about naptime. She's snoozing away as we speak. I think I might go and do the same!
We're leaving tomorrow for St. Louis for the weekend to visit my sister. It's our 2nd road trip in the past month, but luckily, it's not as far as Tampa! Sadie is becoming our little travelin' gypsy. I went and bought a few new DVD's for her to watch, so hopefully, she'll stay entertained. I think this is the last road trip we'll be taking for a while.
Other than that, our life has been pretty normal the past few weeks. We've started being able to go to the park and walk again at night, and I love it! Sadie just kicks back, throws her feet up in the stroller, and we walk and walk. Plus, it gives Dennis and I about an hour and a half of uninterrupted conversation. Amazing! That doesn't get to happen very often these days! But, it's so nice to enjoy that time together.

No comments: