Saturday, December 13, 2008

Weekend Update

This weekend was probably our last low-key weekend for a while. At least until the New Year. Friday night, we did our usual. Sadie and Dennis went and got take out while Sawyer and I hung out here. Both of the kids have been a little under the weather this week with stuffy noses and coughing, so we didn't do much. Even though I probably shouldn't have, I took Sawyer with me to Target after dinner to get a couple of things. I don't think I realized it was going to be in the 20's outside! But, I ran into some good friends I hadn't seen in a while, so it was worth it. She asked me if Sawyer was sleeping through the night yet, and I literally busted out laughing! She said her little boy that is 13 months old is still not either, and I was like "uh oh"....not a good sign! I did start this week with putting Sawyer in his bed for all of his naps, and it has actually been quite successful. One day he even took over a 3 hour afternoon nap! Whoa! I didn't know what to do with myself! And, I will even give the little man some credit and say that he is doing a wee bit better at nighttime. Sometimes. But, the best part is that he's getting out of the "crying" phase, so at least it makes everything else a little more bearable. His little personality is so precious. I just love it. Since Sadie sleeps so much, we get to spend a lot of time together just the 2 of us, and I've seen him change so much these past couple of weeks. He interacts a lot more and stuff like that. Here's a pic of my little Santa baby!

Anyways, Saturday we didn't do anything at all. Sadie was still not feeling good, or at least she didn't sound very good. She's just been really stopped up and coughing. But last time when she had this a month ago, I took her to the doctor and he said it was just a cold and there's nothing you can do, so that's why I haven't rushed her back. And, I'm actually feeling like I may be getting sick again too. This will be the 3rd time in 6 weeks for me!!! And, the 2nd time in 6 weeks for Sadie. My mom and dad said it's because of our firewood. I know, that sounds crazy. But they said that when we were growing up, we all kept getting sick over and over, and the doctor asked what kind of wood we were burning in our fireplace and come to find out, it was the wood! Supposedly you're supposed to burn wood that is much older, and the wood that we are burning is new wood, which supposedly emits gasses into the air causing your immune system to break down. Anyways, with that being said, we're going to go fire-free for a little while and see if it helps!
Saturday night, we met our friends Shelly, Ryan, and their little boy Greyson, at the Goodlettsville Christmas Parade. The kids had a lot of fun. I thought the parade was kinda weak, but Sadie would've never known the difference. She enjoyed every minute of it, even though we were all freezing! We weren't going to take her because she's had a cold, but we figured she would enjoy it so much, and we knew we'd only be outside for about an hour, so we went ahead and I'm glad we did. Here are a few pictures. Notice in this first picture that Sadie is sitting in Greyson's lap, who is sitting in Ryan's lap. Too cute! She totally just walked over and plopped right down on him.






Sunday morning, we went to church. I had contemplated not going since both kids still had a bit of a stuffy nose, but I'm so thankful that we decided to go. The service was wonderful. We had a guest speaker and he was so good. He spoke about peace, which is something I struggle with so it was so good to be reminded of what we need to find our peace in.
I went to the grocery store when we got home from church while the kids were down for their naps.
When they got up, we went and met Dennis' dad and Barbara at Opryland Hotel so that Sadie could walk around and see all of the pretty lights inside. There was also a really neat light/water show that I was pretty fascinated by myself. I love stuff like that. We had a good time. Sadie was in rare form just a tad bit though. She was just being a little wild, but I think it's because she knew she could get away with it because she was with Gimmy and PawPaw!! Here are a few sweet pictures from the night.





We stopped about halfway through and grabbed some snacks. Sadie of course had a few crunchies and PawPaw bought us some chocolate chip Christie Cookies! YUM! So, we all snacked on those. I thought these 2 pictures were cute.


I thought it was so neat to just walk around because my parents used to take us there when we were little and we'd get our pictures made, etc. It was a lot of fun. It's neat to take my own kids there now.
On a side note, we stopped on the way home to grab a bite to eat at Krystals (I know, I know) and sat in the drive through for 24 minutes!!!!! Are you kidding me????? The guy in front of us at one point got on his cell phone while he was at the window picking his food up because they were out of chili and he wasn't sure what else that person would want, so he just picked up his phone and called. Seriously? We're at Krystals, dude! Anyways, that kind of stuff happens to Dennis and I all of the time...
Let the Christmas season begin! It's going to be a busy week!!!

No comments: