Saturday, December 20, 2008

Weekend Update - Pre Christmas Weekend

Our Christmas officially began on Friday! First of all, Sawyer finally rolled over all by himself! And, of course, I missed it because I was turned around changing Sadie's diaper. But, we've seen him do it again since then. This was his happy face when I turned around just after he had rolled over.

My dad came in town, came over on Friday morning, and began to cook. He cooked ALL day long. Literally, my oven wasn't turned off until about 8:00 Friday night. He cooked cheese straws, sausage stuffed mushrooms, spinach dip, ham & rolls, pepperoni/ham cheese roll-ups, and chocolate molton cupcakes. Be still my heart!!!! It was all so delicious. Thank you, dad! We hung out all day and after naptime, my sis brought Chance and Emma over so that we could all do Christmas with my dad. We had a great time. We wished Dennis could've come home a little earlier from work, but we knew he was doing his best! We just missed having him here!! This was really the first time that Sadie knew what a present was. She was mesmorized by all of them. It was so cute. She made me smile all day long, because she just kept going by the tree and saying "presents". Here's a cute video of her disappointment when I told her that we had to wait for daddy to come home before we could open them.

We had so much fun hanging out, eating, opening presents, etc. It was a great start to our Christmas week ahead.

Here's one of Sadie and Emma watching Hannah Montana.

These 3 below are of Sadie opening her "Max & Ruby" dolls. She loves Max & Ruby. It's so cute to hear her say their names. She laughs out loud at that show every day.



My sis took the kids home and came back over to hang out for a little while. We had a lot of fun. Dennis and I stayed up talking until almost midnight. I love those times.
Saturday I got up and went to the grocery store to get all of our food that we're going to cook on Christmas Day. I came home and we fed Sadie lunch and put them both down for their naps. This is a lovely picture of Sadie eating some M&M's before naptime.

After naptime, we loaded up and went to Dennis' grandma's to do Christmas over there. Sadie looked so precious in her little Christmas outfit. She was very proud.


Keep in mind, this is where there are 8 kids and 7 of them are under 3 years old! It wasn't quite as crazy as I had thought it was going to be. It was loud, but everyone seemed to have fun. We tried to get a group picture of all of the kids, but as you can tell, a few of them weren't so happy. See below! Please pay special attention to my poor baby boy. He was scared to death. Everyone was singing "jingle bells" very loudly to get everyone to smile, but it scared Sawyer to death. Bless his little heart.


This one is of Grandma, Mary Harbin (Jen's little girl), Sawyer, and Grammy.

Here is one of Sadie, Cole, Mary Harbin, and McHaney as we were setting up for the group photo.

Here is one of Sadie attempting to hold Sawyer for the picture, but she started to push him away before we could get the picture taken. Too funny!

Sadie and Daddy opening presents.

Sadie was so silly...she had this Santa hat and scarf on and she did not want to take it off. It was cracking me up! So out of character for her!

Here's a great picture of Grammy and Capt'n with their 2 girlies!

We really had a good time. Sawyer was sweet. We had to wake him up from his nap so that we could leave to go over there and he didn't get to sleep the whole time we were there, but he was still an angel.

Sunday morning we all went to church. Sawyer didn't last long in the nursery at all. His little tummy has been upset, so I went and got him and just walked around with him.
Sunday afternoon, I wrapped presents. I felt like the pile was endless. But, it was still pretty fun.
Sunday late afternoon, we headed to Grammy and Captain's for Christmas! It was so much fun.


Grammy is as much of a kid as Sadie is, so she could not wait to give us all of our gifts. Sadie was soooooo excited about her table and chairs and all of her goodies that came with it.


And, Sawyer liked his toys too! He got the cutest pair of camo crocks that he can wear next Summer. I can't wait!!!



And, I was very surprised and ecstatic about the front porch swing that we got! I cannot wait to put it up and when it gets warmer be able to sit out and swing. I've been wanting one ever since we moved in to our new house. It's so pretty!!!

We had a great time. We had a delicious dinner and had a blast hanging out. Sadie didn't leave her little table. She's going to enjoy that so much. Thank you Grammy and Captain!!
What a weekend! And, it's just beginning. We've got another full week ahead of us. What will we do when it's all over????

No comments: