Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Questionnaire

Okay, I stole this off of another person's website, but I thought it would be a neat thing to do. Let me know your answers as well!!!

1. Fresh Tree/Fake Tree? Fake; and it absolutely must be pre-lit. I don't do strings of lights. Waaaaaaaayyyyy too frustrating!

2. Favorite Ornament- My stepmom took an ornament of a fireplace with a picture hanging above it and put mine and Dennis' wedding picture in it the first year we were married. It's so tiny, but I love it. You clip it to one of the Christmas tree lights and it shines through making it look like there is a fire in the fireplace.

3. Favorite Christmas Song- Wow...this is a hard one. My favorite secular song hands down is "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas". It makes me laugh til I cry almost every time I hear it. (on a side note, Sadie was watching an Elmo Christmas DVD the other day and Big Bird started to sing "I want a Snuffalumpakus (sp??) for Christmas" with the same words! I was dying!!!!!!
But, I also love "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas", preferably by Amy Grant and "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" by Andy Williams. And, you can never beat Martina singing "O Holy Night".

4. Favorite Tradition-
Well, we are in the midst of starting new traditions, but for me and Dennis, mine has always been that we sit down and watch our wedding video together every Christmas Eve. And, I think I cry almost every time. The year I was pregnant with Sadie, I think I was hyperventilating because I was crying so hard.

5. Favorite Gift Ever Received- This is a hard one!!! I will go back to my childhood on this one and say that it was when Rachel and I got our 4-wheeler. It was a TOTAL surprise! We just walked into my Grandma's house and there it was! My mom didn't even know about it! My dad had kept it from her too! I think I was about 13 years old.


6. Favorite Christmas Meal- Another hard one...I just like food so much. It all makes my mouth water. I can't come up with a favorite meal, but I know that when we went to my mom's on Christmas morning, she always made monkey bread and I love that stuff.

7. Favorite Christmas Cookie- I'm not sure that this really qualifies as a traditional Christmas cookie, and with me being the cookie monster, I will refrain from saying the typical "chocolate chip cookie", but my mom used to make the best lemon cookies growing up when she would go to her high school friends' Christmas get together every year. They are topped off with powdered sugar and when they first come out of the oven, oh my goodness! Mom, are you making them again this year? If so, I'm coming over!!!!!

8. Favorite Place to be- at home with Dennis. There's just nothing more special on Christmas than being with him.

9. Favorite Memory- I have two.
First one is from my childhood. I will never forget it as long as I live. I was probably 6 or 7 years old. My parents would make me and Rachel stay at the end of the long hallway and wait until they told us we could come into the den to see what Santa brought us. I will never forget hearing my dad yell from the den "uh-oh girls...it looks like Santa thought ya'll were boys! All of these toys in here are for little boys!" I'd like to have died!!!! I can still feel the way my heart sank when he said that! How mean was that????? Of course, he was joking...

My other most favorite memory is my last year of college, I was on campus taking my finals and Dennis snuck into my little apartment where I lived alone and he decorated the whole thing. He put up a little tree, hung lights and decorations everywhere, and even went and bought the new Amy Grant CD and had it playing when I walked in. I still get cold chills thinking about it. He wasn't there when I walked in, and I think I literally fell to the floor and cried. It was just an unbelievable sight, and I had NO idea he was doing it. It had been a hard year for me, and for some reason which I can't remember, I was not looking forward to coming home for Christmas that year, so he knew that I had been down and he wanted to lift my spirits. Boy, did he ever!

10. Favorite Christmas Movie- Again, I can't come up with just one. As a child, it was "One Magic Christmas". Now, it's a toss up between "Home Alone" and "Elf". I know, I'm silly, but I've just always loved those movies!!!!

Now, it's your turn!!!!! Let yourself go back in time, whether it be recent or not, and reminisce about your favorites!

No comments: