Saturday, December 6, 2008

Weekend Update

We had a great, great weekend. Friday night when Dennis got home we all went and grabbed a Family Pack of b-b-q from Whitts. Yummy!!!! I love that place! And, it's so cheap! We came home and ate and just hung out together. Dennis' grandparents even stopped by for a minute.
Saturday, we all got up and Sawyer and I went to the grocery store. Fun, fun! Saturdays at the grocery are impossible. There were a million people there and everyone seemed to be just standing still in the aisles! But, Sawyer was a good boy and slept the whole time.
Saturday night, me and Dennis decided to take Sadie out by herself. We haven't done that since Sawyer has been born and we felt like she would enjoy having us both all to herself for an evening. My mom had originally offered to come and keep Sawyer and Sadie so that Dennis and I could have a night out together, but we decided to do this instead while we had the chance, so she just ended up having Sawyer. And, I'm sure he enjoyed the one-on-one attention all night too!!!

We definitely got a taste of what it was like to just have one child again. Although it was so much fun, I definitely thought about my precious little Sawyer all night long and missed him a ton! We took Sadie to eat at Red Robin and then we went to a place in Gallatin that we like to call "The North Pole". It's a house that is located right off of Highway 109 that has tons and tons of lights, music, Santa, etc. They've done it for years, and they now charge $8/car to ride through. But, it's worth it. Sadie was fairly impressed. She wasn't jumping out of the car by any means, but she seemed to enjoy it for the most part. Here are a few pics from our evening.

Here's a short video of when we drove "into Santa's house".

We think Sadie's just confused as to why there are lights everywhere all of a sudden and why there are Christmas trees everywhere, and why does she keep seeing this Santa guy everywhere...??? It's part of the "wonder and magic" of Christmas though. I think it'll all come together for her as each year goes by. And, I've tried to talk to her a little bit about what's most important at Christmas and baby Jesus and showed her our nativity scene, etc. Well, she thought that was very neat and she played with baby Jesus so much that she amputated his little arm the other day. Whoops!!! (she was banging him on the donkey in the nativity scene and it caused his arm to fall off)
On a side note, my sister came over Saturday night too so that she could decorate a wreath that my mother-in-law gave to us while my mom was keeping Sawyer. My sister saw the wreath as a canvas! She did SUCH an awesome job!!! I couldn't believe how great it looked when I got home and saw it. She even painted polka dots on the ornaments and she painted a "P" to put in the middle, etc. She is so incredibly talented. I know if I were to go and try to buy a wreath somewhere that looked like this, it would probably cost over $250. She is so awesome! Thanks so much, sis!! You have made my house look so festive this year! We all appreciate it so much! Here's a picture of the finished product, although the picture doesn't do it justice. She put so much thought into it and it just looks incredible! I'm almost afraid someone will want to come and steal it right off of my door!!!

Sunday morning, we went to church and I got buzzed out of church service for the first time about Sawyer. I went to his room and looked in and he looked totally fine. I asked the teacher if there was a problem with him, and she said "oh, he's just really hungry". I thought..."oh, did he tell you that????" She said "he's been eating his hands". I thought..."he always eats his hands...he's a baby!" I just took him anyways and went and sat in the nursing mother's room with him the rest of the service. He was a completely happy little boy and he was not hungry at all. I knew this because I always feed him right before we leave for church. Anyways, at least he wasn't screaming!
We came home and hung out at the house all day. I started today putting Sawyer in his bed for naptime. He's been just lounging with me during his afternoon nap in the recliner. But, I need a break. So, it's my duty to "teach" him to sleep in his bed for his nap and not just at night. It started off really well for about the first hour and then he got REAL mad. So, after 30 minutes of me calming him down, we gave up for the day and will try again tomorrow.
Dennis and I went to the Long Hollow Christmas program tonight at church. Grammy and Capt'n came over and kept the kiddos for us. It was a great program. I fought back the tears the entire time. I was almost glad that we snuck out a few minutes early because I didn't think I could take one more song! Our worship team and choir is the best around. I am convinced.
So, I think I finally feel in the Christmas spirit and I want my spirit to be focused on the right things this season. What is most important to me is my relationship with God, Dennis, and my children. That is what I want my focus to be on this Christmas season. It's too easy to neglect all of the above when all of the distractions seem to take your focus off of what is most important. I want to look back on this Christmas season and remember all of the time that I got to spend with them. I want to make lots of memories and start lots of traditions. Isn't that what it's all about???

No comments: