Sunday, January 25, 2009

Weekend Update

Since it was such a gorgeous day on Friday, I took the kids over to Indian Lake and we walked around for a while and I did a little shopping. The best part was that Dennis met us over there at Qdoba for lunch! It was so much fun! We haven't gotten to do that, well...EVER! He had to come visit his jobsite that is right beside that, so we got lucky and got to steal him away and have lunch w/ him. Sadie was so excited! But, she was very sad when Daddy had to go back to work.
Anyways, Friday night we just went and got some food for dinner and hung out at home. I went to Kroger after the kids went to bed and bought us some food to cook a big breakfast on Saturday morning.
We got up Saturday morning and Dennis and I cooked a big breakfast. It was so delicious! I can still taste the french toast and bacon. Yum! I wish we could do it every Saturday morning, but then I might be as big as a house! We stayed here all day on Saturday and just played around. It was nice.
Saturday afternoon, Grammy & Captain came and kept the kids while Dennis and I went on a much needed date with Travis and Anita to Stoney River. We lost a bet to them because they beat us in Fantasy Golf, so we owed them a dinner at Stoney River. We had the best time. We were there for almost 3 hours and we put a hurtin' on the food there! It was de-lish! I totally ruined my "no sweets" rule and had some of the best chocolate cake in the world! It was worth it. We came home to our sweet babies, gave them their baths and put them to bed. They seemed like they had a lot of fun without us!
Sunday we got up and went to church. I kept this babies this week in the nursery. It was definitely an experience. It felt like I had 6 or 7 "Sawyer's" for 2 hours! Whew! Most of them were just a little bit older than him, but it was non-stop for 2 straight hours. One would stop crying and 3 more would start. Craziness!!!!
I came home and tried to recover so that I could take care of my own kids.
Sunday night we went and tried a new pizza place in Hendersonville called "Knead Dough" on New Shackle Island. It was soooooooo good. We've been waiting for it to open and it was definitely worth the wait. The pizza was very good. The chef makes everything fresh every single day and you can definitely tell. The prices weren't too bad at all. The people were very friendly too. We will absolutely go back.
That's about all for our weekend. I'm already ready for Friday again...is that bad?
On a side note, the kids are doing great. Sadie seems to be the smartest kid alive. (of course every parent thinks that about their child though, right?) She can count to ten all by herself, she can spell her name, she can tell you just about every letter in the alphabet when you point to it, she repeats EVERYTHING we say, and she seems to be talking better all of the time. I could eat her up and for the most part, I do!
Sawyer is getting a lot better in the sleeping department too. It's still not wonderful, but we're definitely not getting any worse. He's so precious. I am so in love with that little boy. He is definitely stealing my heart more than I ever thought he could. I can already tell he's going to be a momma's boy. Sorry Dennis!
I love my life. I have the best husband in the world who takes the best care of me. He works so hard every day and I love him with all of my heart. Me, Sadie, and Sawyer are so incredibly lucky. I can't wait to tell my kids one day what a special, special daddy they have. I want them to always know how much I love him.

No comments: