Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekend Update


Not much happening around the Phillips household, so I won't bore you with our weekend happenings. Same ole, same ole! Never a dull moment though! The above picture is a view into our lives at dinnertime. Finally!! We can all sit at the table together and have dinner once again!
The most exciting part of my weekend was that my mom came over and kept the kids on Friday while me and my sis went to see an early movie. I had planned on going by myself (because I was really in need of some "alone" time), but my sis called at the last minute (and of course I welcomed her company!) and we decided to go and see "Seven Pounds". I wanted to see a "feel good" movie, and that definitely wasn't it. It was an okay movie, but I wouldn't recommend anyone paying full price to go and see it. It left me feeling more confused than good. But, a HUGE thanks to my mom for recommending me to get out of the house and do something for myself!!!
The rest of the weekend was good. We didn't do much at all. We all just hung around the house and played together.
I kept the nursery for the first time at church on Sunday. I had the "older" 2 year olds, which is basically "almost 3-year olds". It definitely gave me a glimpse into what I have in store for me just around the corner with Sadie. They were all so precious. We had 11 of them in class! WOW! It was fun though. My main goal was to just have fun with all of them and make them all feel extremely comfortable. I had 2 little boys who were upset and wanted "mommy", so I just wrapped them up and held them and made sure they were okay. It melted my heart. I would want someone else to do the same for my kids.
Sawyer got to have his first "fruit" this weekend and loved it. Here is a small video of his enjoyment!

He's changing every single day it seems like. Every day gets better and better. I'm not ashamed to admit that having 2 under 2 years old is tough! It was much easier at first, but it got a little more challenging each day as Sawyer started to get older. Now, it seems to be getting better again. I think the 3-5 month stage was just hard for me. I couldn't have done it without God. He has been my strength, my patience, my source of EVERYTHING for the past few months. We talk all of the time!!! I'm sure He is sick of hearing me moan! But, He has been faithful as always and I know this tough time has only brought me closer to Him which is what life is ALL about.

No comments: