Saturday, January 17, 2009

Weekend Update


I have to begin my blog by announcing that my little angel boy FINALLY slept for almost 9 hours on Thursday night! Yippee!!! This was the first time EVER that he gave us a long stretch during the night. I was so proud of him!! He went to sleep around 8:20 and didn't wake up until almost 5:00 the next morning. Then, went back to sleep until after 9:00!! He hasn't done it again since then, but hey, at least I know it's possible. That's all I needed to know. A glimpse of hope is all I needed right now!!!!
Friday, my mom came over and helped me make 60 ham & rolls for my friend Cayce's baby shower that was being held on Saturday. Thank you mommy! It went MUCH faster with her help! We did it in a jiffy. Maybe we should start catering together...hmmm...??? We do both love to cook and bake... and we're a great team??? Mom, thoughts????
Anyways, Friday night we didn't do much. Just our usual. Which, I love by the way. I love the fact that Dennis loves to come home on Fridays and hang out with us. He doesn't try to go out with friends or do the after-work "bar scene" that so many others thrive on. He enjoys coming home and hanging out with us and I'm so appreciative of that. Although during hunting season, sometimes it's a different story...but, he still does good and hangs out with us anyways when I know his heart is probably at the farm with the deer. But, I will say that I am THANKFUL hunting season is over for the year!!!
Saturday morning I had to get up early and head to Jen's house to help out for Cayce's baby shower for little baby Crew that will be here in just a few weeks! I can't believe it!!! Here's a picture of Cayce with the hostesses. (minus Tara, b/c she had to leave early)

It was a great shower. She got lots and lots of blankets, loveys, clothes, etc. for baby Crew. I know she's ready to meet this little man and so are we!!!! Sawyer needs a little buddy!!
On a side note, Dennis kept Sadie and Sawyer all by himself for the first time for an extended amount of time and he did so good! I was just a little nervous that Sawyer would have a breakdown when he didn't wake up and see my face, but I guess I was hoping he loved me more than he really does! ha ha Dennis did great! Both kids were in a great mood when mommy got home. He got them both up, played all morning, fed them breakfast and lunch, etc. Thank you honey! I know how hard it is because I do it every day, so I know it was a challenge, but he said it was great, so I'm extra proud of him.
My dad came over Saturday night to visit all of us and he brought pizza for dinner. We just hung out with him for a while and ate dinner. My sis came by too.
Sunday morning we got up and went to church. Sawyer did great in the nursery again. Yippee! 2 weeks in a row!
After the sermon, a bunch of people were chosen to do the "cardboard testimony" thing that I'm sure everyone has seen another church do on U-tube. It's so powerful. My sister was chosen as one of the participants, and it was absolutely unbelievable. Her cardboard spoke on one side about being addicted to drugs costing her custody of her children, and when she flipped it over, Chance and Emma stepped out from behind her and it said something about God promising to restore these things. It was awesome! I have cold chills and more tears in my eyes as I sit here and write this. So many people were so brave to get up in front of our whole church and share their struggles so vulnerably. It was incredibly impactful and I respect each one that had the guts to do it. What a witness! If you haven't seen the one on U-tube, please check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvDDc5RB6FQ
God is amazing and it was so encouraging to see the work that HE has done in so many lives!!!!!

No comments: