Monday, January 5, 2009

First Weekend of 2009 Update

Welcome to the New Year! 2008 ended and 2009 began in a flash. I can't believe the holidays are all over. I feel like it all went by so fast. We had an extremely uneventful New Years this year. Dennis had to work all day on New Years Eve, so we didn't make any plans. We went and got Chili's take out and just hung out all night. I think we were asleep by about 11:00. I'm pretty sure that Sawyer was up all night long that night. It's all kind of a blur.
On New Years Day, we just hung out here all day long and played. It was quite relaxing. Well, as relaxing as you can be with 2 little ones. Here's a cute video of Sadie and Sawyer. She's really starting to interact more with him and it's so precious. Dennis called this a "moment of parental bliss". It just warms your heart as a parent to see your 2 kids finally interacting. Sadie is so sweet to him.

Also on New Years Day, I started Sawyer on some vegetables. I started with peas since they seem to be the most disgusting. I've always heard to start gross and then progress to the better tasting stuff. He actually didn't do too bad. It was pretty funny.

Saturday, we all went to Opry Mills. Dennis pushed the kids around Bass Pro while I went and did some shopping. Thank you honey! Saturday afternoon we had Mary Harbin's 2nd birthday party at My Gym in Brentwood. It was so much fun. Sadie had the time of her life! She was a wild woman the whole entire time. It was hilarious. We were so worn out by the time we got home that night. I felt like I'd been hit by a truck! Here are a few pics.

Small disclaimer...they made Sadie take off her cute tights because all of the kids had to be barefoot, so she looked a little like a homeless child with her short dress, no tights, and diaper about to fall off from her running around! Here's a short video of the excitement!

I gave Sawyer some carrots on Saturday night. He liked those much more than peas!


We didn't go to church on Sunday because Sadie was up all night long coughing her head off and I was up with a stomach ache. So, we just hung out at home and let Sadie rest. I went to the grocery store Sunday night with Sawyer while Dennis and Sadie went and got a pizza.
Sadie wanted to push Sawyer around in her grocery cart when she was playing last night. I wouldn't let her push him around, but we put him in it and Sadie thought that was hilarious.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

atleast they look homeless together... same outfit, different pattern... hilarious!