Sunday, February 1, 2009

Weekend Update

In honor of my baby boy turning 6 months old on Friday, I have posted a few of my favorite pictures of him here lately.

Friday I took Sawyer to the doctor for his 6 month check-up. I really can't believe he's already 6 months old. After being there for almost 2 hours, we got a clean bill of health! He caught Sadie's cold and his little cough and runny nose has been pitiful! It breaks my heart every time he coughs, but the doctor said it's just a little post nasal drip causing him to cough, so at least it's nothing serious. He weighed in at a whopping 15 pounds and 12 ounces. He didn't gain as much weight as we had thought he had, but he's still considered to be right on track. I thought he was at least 17 pounds, but that's probably because I carry him around all day, so he feels a little heavier to me. I just hope he's not going to be as skinny minny as Sadie is! I guess I need to up his food content a little bit and beef him up!
Grammy came and kept Sadie while I was at the doctor. Sadie has so much fun with her. She did not want Grammy to leave when I got home! My dad and sis came over and had lunch. My dad brought Itty Bitty and it was delicious! Friday night we didn't do much. Just got some take-out and hung out at home. Dennis and I rented "88 Minutes" and it was a great movie. For once, I picked out a good movie. Usually the ones I pick out are horrible!
Saturday I met my mom at Lizards and Lace for a huge sale they were having and got some great stuff! Saturday night, Dennis and I and the kids went to eat at Casa Vieja. I've been craving Mexican food, so we went and had dinner and it was delicious!
My dad brought my Grandma over Saturday night to see the kids. She's never even seen Sawyer! She was tickled to death over him. The night she came to see him after he was born was the night we had to rush to Vanderbilt with him, so she never got to see him.

I love that woman so much. I could literally sit and talk to her for hours. She is a precious, precious woman.

Sunday, I stayed home w/ Sawyer while Dennis took Sadie to church. He has still been coughing pretty bad, so I didn't want him to pass it on to other babies although I hated missing church! Me and Sawyer went to the grocery store along w/ everyone else in Hendersonville!!!!
After the kids' naps we went to the park so that Sadie could see the ducks and play on the playground. It was so pretty outside! Although, once the sun started to go down, it was quite chilly! But, we had a great time.
Here is a short video of Sadie feeding the ducks.





We stopped on the way home and got some pizza which Sadie was very excited about! It was a great weekend, but I'm sad to see it go.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

The new pics are great! Our kids get big so fast! Sadie was so cute feeding the ducks! I hope you have a great week and that Sawyer feels better soon!