Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Weedend Update

We had such a good weekend. Valentines has never been my favorite holiday. I don't boycott it or anything, but I've never been one to make it very important. But, I can tell it's getting to be more fun to "celebrate" now that we have kids. Dennis was so sweet and sent flowers to me and Sadie on Friday. Here is a short video of her when I showed her the flowers. HILARIOUS!!!

Not sure why she thought they were "yuck", but I thought it was so funny!!!
Friday night, Dennis' dad and Barbara came over to bring the kids a Valentines gift. We got some pizza and hung out with them for a little while.
Saturday we got up and made a big breakfast. Saturday morning breakfast is becoming a tradition around our house and I love it. It gives us a chance to all be together in the kitchen, cooking food and eating, which is one of our favorite things to do! Although for the most part, Sadie is still in the bed asleep!
We gave the kids their Valentines presents and cards and just played for a while. Here is a short video of Sawyer getting his V-day card from daddy.

He has been cracking me up lately. He has the cutest little personality. I think he's going to be a pretty witty fellow. I laugh at him constantly. He's become quite amused with his toes lately.

Dennis' mom gave Sadie this "smock" to wear when she colors and stuff in her goodie bag for Valentines Day. Sadie wants to wear it ALL of the time. She puts it on every chance she gets. Even when she's not coloring, she wants to just wear it around the house. Kids are so funny. It has prompted me to want to go and buy her some dress-up clothes. Birthday, maybe...????

Saturday night, we, and by "we", I mean ALL 4 of us went out for Valentines Day! We went and had dinner at Avanti Gourmet. YUM! We bumped into 2 other couples that we know who were also out for V-day, except without their kiddos. But, we really had a good time. Both of the kids did great the whole time we were there so it made for a really nice, relaxing, yummy dinner. Granted, I would've loved for me and Dennis to have been able to have a night to ourselves, but all of our parents had plans that night, so we were out of luck as far as babysitters go. We came home and just hung out together and played until bathtime.

Dennis and I watched a movie after the kids went to bed.
Sunday morning we got up and went to church. It was good to be back! I have missed the past 2 Sundays because of the kids being sick.
We came home and had an uneventful Sunday afternoon.
It was a good weekend though. The cold weather has got me yearning for Spring though. We were so spoiled last weekend!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

you may not realize it now but that smock is the absolute best present...can you say spaghetti?? I use mine all the time when the girls are wearing something I don't want them to mess up but also don't want to completely undress them. Currently searching for one for little man!