Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Baby Brother????

That is what the early assumption is! We went to the doctor on Friday for my 12-week check up. Unfortunately, Dr. Adkins couldn't find the heartbeat. So, after 40 agonizing minutes of waiting for an ultrasound, we got to go back and see that everything was okay. But, for that small amount of time, my little heart was just breaking. I was holding a slip of paper for the ultrasound that said "decreased fetal movement". It was horrifying. All of a sudden, my maternal instincts kicked into overdrive, and I was fighting back tears with all that I had in that waiting room. I kept thinking..."this baby HAS to be okay...it HAS to be okay". I just prayed and prayed. We kept hearing a little baby crying somewhere in the dr. office, and I just wanted to go and grab it and make it all well. It was a strange 40 minutes, and I can't stop thanking the Lord that everything turned out okay. Once we had the ultrasound, we saw that the heartrate was super, and the baby was moving all over the place. It was the greatest feeling in the world. And, to top it all off, we found out that it might be a little boy! The ultrasound tech asked if we wanted the sex of the baby to be a secret, and we both said "no". She just gave us a little grin, and I said "WHAT? Can you already tell what it is???" She said that they're not supposed to predict at this early stage what the gender is, but she said that if I were her daughter, she would tell me it was definitely a boy. She showed us tons of different angles and it looked like a boy to me too! Unless it's a little girl with a tail! ha ha
Since it's still so early, we didn't rush home and call everyone in the family to say "It's a Boy!" But, that's what we're going to assume for now. We'll have another ultrasound in about 2 months to find out for sure, so we're not painting the nursery blue quite yet. But, it is quite exciting to think that we might have one of each! A perfect little foursome! You can judge for yourself by looking at the pictures below. The first one is of underneath "his" legs, and you can see right between them. The second one is just a side view of the whole body that I thought was pretty cute.

We'll keep everyone posted!!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

WHAT?!?!? Awesome! The string test is NEVER wrong!!!! ;)

Anna Phillips said...

My thoughts exactly!