Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sniffles

Sadie is experiencing her first time being a little "sick". Well, actually, I would say that I am the one experiencing it more than she is. I don't think she really even notices, but every time she sniffs, I want to fall apart. It's so pitiful! I think it's just her allergies, because she hasn't run a fever, but it's still pitiful to hear her little sniffles and sneezes all day long. We've made it 7 months without so much as a cough, so I know that I need to be thankful, but it still breaks my heart. When Dennis and I see her rubbing her eyes, we just look at each other with looks like she's on her deathbed or something. I guess we're being a little overdramatic, but when it's your baby, you just want to take every bit of discomfort away from them and take it on as your own. I never understood it when my parents used to say that they would "take my place" when I was sick, but now, I understand it completely. I literally just want to sit on the couch with her all day long and just hold her in hopes that it'll make her all better.

Nevertheless, we went on a playdate today with Sadie's friend, Olivia. I asked my friend Katie beforehand if she cared if I still brought Sadie over since she's had the sniffles, and she insisted, so I went ahead and took her. I'm so glad I did, because they had so much fun together. It's probably the first time that I felt like Sadie was actually "playing" with a friend! They took each other's toys away from one another, they stuck their fingers in each others' mouths...you know, all of that disgusting stuff that you never thought in a million years that you would ever let your child do!












I will save this for another blog, but I have learned that almost every single thing that I said I would NEVER do when I had a child, I've done it! I've done it all! It's funny how our words come back to haunt us!

No comments: