Sunday, October 14, 2007

Back from the Mountains


I love, love, love going to East Tennessee to visit my dad. It has to be my most favorite place, and if most of our family didn't live here in Nashville, we'd move to East TN in a heartbeat. My heart belongs there for some reason. I don't know if it's because I went to school there, or because the mountains are so beautiful, or maybe I just love the outlets that much (ha, ha), but everytime we go, the closer we get to Knoxville, the warmer my heart gets. Call me crazy. I can't explain it.
The weather is just a little cooler, the people are just a little friendlier, and the pace seems to be just a little bit slower. Do I sound like a commercial????










We had a great time. Everytime we go to my dad's, I feel like I'm on vacation. We get waited on hand and foot, we get fed until we're about to puke, and it literally just feels like a mini-vacation. Dennis and I haven't been on a "vacation" since our cruise in March of 2006. Ouch! So, these little mini-vacations that I've been taking to my dad's the past few months have been so appreciated. We just stay up late talking, get up and have big breakfasts and just enjoy all spending time together. That's what it's all about. Sadie loves it there. We spend a lot of time outside on the screened-in porch, and she just loves it. And, this time, she got to ride the horse tire swing. She was beside herself.










On our way home, Sadie's stuffy nose got the best of her again. We had stopped to grab a bite to eat, and I was trying to nurse her in the car, but she couldn't eat well, because she couldn't breathe through her nose, so she got frustrated and it was absolutely pitiful. She would eat for a second, come off, take a deep breath through her mouth...eat a little more, come off, take another deep breath, etc. For the first time that I can remember since she was born (notice I said "remember", b/c I'm sure this happened during her 1st few weeks at home, but that's all a blur) I cried with her. I just cried. I felt helpless, and I felt so sorry for her, and all I could do was cry. Gosh, have you ever just felt such an outpouring of love for someone that you just cry when they are the ones in pain? What an overwhelming feeling! And, for the first time since she was born, her daddy was the one to calm her down. Go daddy! I think she sensed my tension, sadness, weakness, anxiety, whatever it was...Once we were back on the road, she was fine again, as you can see...eating her piggies!










It's always so hard to come home from the mountains. It's like, I'm ready to get back to my regular routine, but I feel like I'm leaving something behind. Such a strange feeling, because I have Dennis and Sadie with me...
It's like I can't wait to get back into my own bed, but I miss the mountain air. Okay, enough about that. I feel like I'm starting to sound like a country song. I promise my blogs won't always be this long. Okay, now I'm starting to rhyme...I need to go to bed.

No comments: