Thursday, October 4, 2007

Giving In to the "Wonderful World of Blogging"

Well, I am finally "giving in". Giving in to the wonderful world of "blogging". I learned of this word (blog) about 3 years ago when Dennis and I were working with the Youth Group at Brentwood Baptist. All of the youth were "blogging", and I had no idea what it was. Now, it seems as though blogging is the new "email". My friends are blogging, our church pastor is blogging, family members are blogging. etc. I sure don't want to be left out!

To be honest, for the past few years, I thought blogging was a little ridiculous. I mean, honestly, who really wants to read my thoughts every day? Who wants to know what my crazy mind is thinking on a daily basis? Do I really want to put my deepest thoughts on a computer for everyone to see? Even more so, who has the time to blog? Who has the time to read my blog?
Then, I realized...I'm not doing it for everyone else. I'm doing it for myself. I've always been one to "journal". I started a serious journal from the day that Dennis and I started trying to have a baby, and continued it all the way up until the day before Sadie was born. Then, I just quit...
So, I feel as though I need a way to put my thoughts on paper, or put them on a computer. I am hoping it will be somewhat therapeutic and I hope that I can get some of my friends to join in!

So, feel free to read if/when you have time. I am hoping to use this as well to keep everyone up to date on how Sadie is doing as well. I will love to go back and read these as she continues to grow, and this seems to be the easiest way to jot all of these things down.

Here goes nothin!!!!! Let the journey begin!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Yeah! I'm linking to you! Now people can find you via my blog as well. Feel free to link to us as well!!! Can't wait for those pics of Sadie to start coming!!! :)

Grammy said...

Gtrammy loves to hear what is happening in the Phillips family.

Memaw said...

We are happing you are doing this so we can keep up with you while we are in Fl