Sunday, August 12, 2012

When God changes your plans...

When God changes your plans....THIS is what happens!
So much has happened in the past week. So. Much. I wanted to be sure and document each event over the past few days, so that I can look back and remember how faithful God has been. Warning: this is going to be LONG! God has shown up SO visibly in these past few days; more than I have probably ever seen before. I always know that He is there. I know that He is in every detail. But, in these past few days, I have seen it CLEARLY with my eyes and felt it so tangibly. So, since I am a planner...like, P-L-A-N-N-E-R..., I had already bought Sadie's school supplies for Jack Anderson, ordered special "Sadie Jane Phillips" butterfly labels to label each supply with, labeled her supplies, bought things to decorate certain supplies (yes, I'm a little OCD as well), bought her backpack and matching lunchbox, had both of them monogrammed with her name, bought her "first day of school" outfit, bought her teacher's gift for the first day, planned playdates with new classmates that we haven't met, signed up to be her "room mom", signed up for Cafeteria Duty for the first week of school, already written every important date for the rest of the year on my calendar at home, etc. Do I need to go on? You get the picture. We were about as prepared as we could be for her to start Kindergarten at Jack Anderson as you can possibly be. Except...we had NO clue when she was actually going to start. (refer to my previous post if you have no idea what I'm talking about) So, Sadie and I have had a fun week together while Sawdawg has been in school. We have played princess duck-duck-goose (Sadie made that one up - when you get "picked", you must stand up and do something that a princess would do), gone swimming with friends, gone to Chick fil A with friends, gone to "Inside Out" to play, gone to breakfast together, etc. It's been a special week with my girl. Wednesday night, right as church started, Dennis came in and whispered something VERY unexpected to me. He told me that one of the coaches had approached him about helping to get Sadie enrolled to start Kindergarten THIS year at Goodpasture! What????????????????????? My eyes immediately filled up with tears and I had to leave and go to the bathroom. I think it was just so shocking, yet I was so thankful, yet it became real that she might actually be starting Kindergarten in just a few short days! I regained my composure and came back into the worship center. We spent the next day and a half praying, thinking, talking, not-sleeping, etc. while in the meantime Dennis was talking to everyone and their brother at Goodpasture trying to figure out what they could do to help us out. It was SO STRESSFUL! We didn't know what to do!!! Friday morning, Sadie and I took my mom to b'fast for her 60th bday after we dropped Sawyer off at school. I was finally able to talk to my mom about all of this and she was the one that confirmed our decision to GO FOR IT! She reaffirmed the fact that this was a total God thing and I agreed 100%! We were waiting to hear back from a few different people before we knew if it was definitely going to happen. I felt a TOTAL peace about it. Total peace. Such a good feeling. From that point on, it was just a waiting game. Dennis was waiting to hear back from the President of the school to see if he was going to give us his blessing. Around 3:45, I got a text from Dennis that was a picture of a Goodpasture application!! I obviously won't go into the financial details that were decided upon, but let's just say that we are EXTREMELY blessed. Beyond our imagination. Thank. You. Jesus. When D got home from work, we told Sadie that she was going to a different school since we weren't sure when Mrs. Parker's class was going to start. She was REAL excited to FINALLY be getting to go!!! And, we told her that her friend Avery was going to be at the same school and she literally screamed. The screaming continued as we told her that daddy went to the same school when he was little and that she would be in a little red schoolhouse and that they have an I-pad lab! Saturday morning, D got up and had to head to the Goodpasture scrimmage. I brought the kids a little later and we watched some of the game. It was so neat to be there and watch Dennis out there coaching on the field, doing something he absolutely loves. The kids just enjoyed playing on the bleachers! LOL
The President of the school, Mr. Perry, came and got us and took us on a tour of the Little Red Schoolhouse. Sadie LOVED it. It's so precious!! She's going to be in Heaven at that school, and my heart could not be more thankful! If you look back on one of my blog posts from a few months ago, I mentioned that I would give ANYTHING if Sadie could go to a private, Christian school. My dream has come to fruition and I couldn't be more thankful. I took this picture as we left the building. Dennis was in the first class ever to be in the Little Red Schoolhouse, so I found this to be appropriate.
The last not-so-little blessing we received was news that Sadie got Mrs. Lankford as her teacher. What is SO cool about this is that she is also Avery's teacher! We had heard from many that her class was already full, so there was NO way Sadie would get her. Guess what? God had other plans!! I still do not how or why Sadie was placed in her class, but I am beyond thankful!!!!! She called me today to "welcome" Sadie to her class. She had been up at school all day preparing for Sadie to be in her class. What a blessing. We keep saying how "crazy" all of this is. And, we keep being reminded that none of this is "crazy" to God! He knew this all along. And, for that, I am thankful!! I am definitely sad that Sadie starts school tomorrow. My heart hurts, but in a good way. I'm just not ready to let go of her. But, I am SO happy that she gets to go to such a wonderful school where she won't just be a number, but she'll be important and she will get to learn about Jesus every single day. We feel extremely blessed that we have received this opportunity for our daughter and we are humbled.

No comments: