Friday, August 3, 2012

Getting Closer...

Last night was Sadie's "Meet the Teacher" night at Jack Anderson Elementary. She was soooooooo excited!!! I was actually excited too, b/c I've heard SO much about her teacher, so I was very anxious to meet her myself! I haven't heard one negative thing about her, so I was already pleased, but I still wanted to meet her for myself! I took the kids to eat dinner at Zaxby's beforehand b/c Dennis had his first scrimmage, so we were just meeting him at school. We had fun at dinner. The kids are just so big. I sat there and watched them last night while they were eating and just began to realize how independent they are. Time has literally jetted by! We were a little early getting to school, so we just chilled in the car while we waited on Daddy to get there. This was when the nerves (mine) started to kick in!!! The more anxious and excited and impatient that Sadie got, the more fearful, stressed, and nervous I got! It was at this point where I almost decided to just put the car in reverse and drive away!
I realized that it wasn't logical for me to try and kidnap my own daughter and not allow her to start school, so I tried to change my way of thinking. My sweet friend Jodi texted me and said that she was praying for me, and I think it worked! My nerves started to die down and once Dennis arrived, I was good to go. We marched right into that school and we followed the line just as we were told to do. Everyone we came in contact with seemed very friendly. They were all so sweet and welcoming to Sadie, so I think that put her at ease. After we filled out some paperwork and paid some dues, we got to go and meet the new principal, Dr. Aldridge. She seemed very nice. We then headed down to the Kindergarten hall. AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH.....that scream was what I was feeling! I was excited, nervous, anxious, scared, and I started to get the feeling again that I wanted to grab Sadie and R - U - N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, she was SO excited, so I couldn't take that away from her. We found Mrs. Parker's room and we walked right in. She was waiting on us! Sadie was her last student that she hadn't met yet, so we got to sit and talk to her for quite some time. She seems WONDERFUL! Very laid back, but very sweet, and you can tell she loves teaching Kindergarten. I think she will be perfect for Sadie. God knew exactly what he was doing when he placed Sadie Jane in there. Sadie was looking around at everything and she seemed to love it! When I asked her to go over to Mrs. Parker and let me take a picture, she jumped right up in her lap and gave this big ole smile. Can you tell she's a little excited?????
This picture above says it all. Sadie is THRILLED to start this next chapter of her life! How can I be sad?? I am going to try my very best and EAT UP every second I get with her next week. Her "phase in" day isn't until Thursday, so we will get some special days together while Sawyer is already in school. I can't wait! When we were walking out, Sadie said "I want to live here, mommy"!!!!!!!!! For now, I am excited for her. My heart still h-u-r-t-s at her starting school, but I know she's going to be in great hands and I am thankful for that.

No comments: