Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Time has Finally Come!

Sadie Jane had her first (1/2) day of Kindergarten yesterday at her new school. We all woke up so excited for her. Sawyer had gone to spend the night w/ Grammy the night before b/c we had to be at Goodpasture so early the next day. Sadie was VERY tired when we got her up at 6:30. That's E-A-R-L-Y for her. And me. Geez. We got her ready and headed out the door. I felt good! Then, Sadie said she wanted to ride w/ Dennis, which made me have "alone time" for about 40 minutes. Not so good. After about 5 minutes in the car, I started sobbing. I was listening to an old Praise and Worship CD by Travis Cottrell, and "You Humble Me" came on. That's all it took. Describes EXACTLY how I feel. So, I proceeded to cry on and off the whole way to school, while trying to drive in traffic, dab a tissue on my eyes to keep all of my make-up from coming off, etc. Lovely. The good part was that by the time we got there, I was good again! LOL We went to get Sadie a shirt to wear to her class and then we dropped her off. She got REAL nervous when we got down there. She started saying her belly was hurting and she needed to go to the bathroom. I was afraid she was going to throw up. I don't think she's ever been "nervous" before! Luckily, Tracy was there to show us the way. Tracy is going to be my godsend this year, I can already tell! We walked to Sadie's classroom and all of the students were sitting on the rug listening to Mrs. Lankford. Avery turned around and yelled "SADIE"!!!!! That's all it took. Sadie took off over to Avery and sat right down beside her. Thank. You. Lord. Her teacher grabbed us real quick and took all of our picture and then we left. We went to fill out all of the paperwork, meet w/ Mr. Bloodworth, went to the Cougar Corner to spend our life savings on MORE supplies and Sadie's new wardrobe. LOL Then, we went back to the Little Red Schoolhouse for the Parent meeting. Mrs. Lankford gave us the lowdown on everything we need to know about Kindergarten in about 10 minutes. There was a bad storm approaching, so they were trying to get us out of there quickly. My head was SPINNING!!!! Then, we all got shuffled into the cafeteria to listen to a few others talk to us. After that, we got to get her! She turned around when she saw me, and the first thing I saw was a HUGE goose-egg on her head! She had fallen off of the monkey bars and landed on her head on a rock. Awesome. Good times. She seemed ok though, but her poor head looks awful! We stayed and let her play with Avery for a little while.
These 2 girlies sure love each other! So, first 1/2 day was a success. Last night was ROUGH for me though. I was coming home from getting more supplies for her from Walmart and I literally couldn't breathe from crying so hard. Does this ever get easier? I'm just so sad. I'm happy that she's going to a great school, but I'm so sad that she will be gone from me so much. She has been my little buddy for over 5 years now. She's never been gone during the day for more than a couple of hours. Now, it is going to be ALL day. Boo. This morning, we got her up for her first FULL day! She was VERY excited, which helped me a lot. We let her pick which uniform she was going to wear and then we got her ready and took her picture on the front porch.
I prayed with her before she left and gave her a huge hug and kiss. She said "Mommy, I'm going to really miss you today". Be still my heart. I'm going to miss you too, baby girl.

No comments: